From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Fred Adams
Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 3:20 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Coffee pods and K cups

Are coffee pods and K cups pretty much the same and are they
interchangeable? Do the K cups have to be filled with
coffee or can they be purchased with coffee already filled?
I have a Keurig coffee maker that I have always used with
coffee pods and wonder if I can also use K cups with this
coffee maker. The coffee pods and K cups have always been
confusing to me. I will appreciate any info on this. I
know that we have different taste but I would appreciate
hearing your preference on this. Will appreciate any info.

Thanks much,

Brian Tew

I believe k-cups are made by Keurig and the word is legally protected, so other companies have to use a slightly different word even though the products are indistinguishable. You can buy little metal cups with holes that you can fill yourself; I have two.
But k-cups are already filled.

Fred Adams

It sounds like you have the Main stay single cup coffee maker. Every place I
have tried to purchase one of these is out of stock. Thanks for your
response.

I have a MainStay coffee maker from Wal-Mart and prefer it to the Kureg,
especially, because in this little, slightly less than $20 model, I can use
K-cups, but also a container, where I can and do make coffee with grounds -
way, way, way cheaper and better too, I think.

Are coffee pods and K cups pretty much the same and are they interchangeable?
Do the K cups have to be filled with coffee or can they be purchased with
coffee already filled?
I have a Keurig coffee maker that I have always used with coffee pods and
wonder if I can also use K cups with this coffee maker. The coffee pods and
K cups have always been confusing to me. I will appreciate any info on this.
I know that we have different taste but I would appreciate hearing your
preference on this. Will appreciate any info.

Thanks much,

Fred Adams

Do you remember where you purchased the metal cups? Thanks for your response.s

I believe k-cups are made by Keurig and the word is legally protected, so other companies have to use a slightly different word even though the products are indistinguishable. You can buy little metal cups with holes that you can fill yourself; I have two.
But k-cups are already filled.

Terri N.

The refillable cups are called eco-cups. And you can purchase them at on Amazon.

You can fill your ears with music and your mouth with food, but, music won’t make you fat.
ternord54@...

I got the refillable metal keurig cups at amazon.com

Carolyn Arnold

I got mine at our Wal-Mart Super Store here in Sanford -
really, really like the thing.

It sounds like you have the Main stay single cup coffee
maker. Every place I have tried to purchase one of these is
out of stock. Thanks for your response.

Are coffee pods and K cups pretty much the same and are they
interchangeable?
Do the K cups have to be filled with coffee or can they be
purchased with coffee already filled?
I have a Keurig coffee maker that I have always used with
coffee pods and wonder if I can also use K cups with this
coffee maker. The coffee pods and K cups have always been
confusing to me. I will appreciate any info on this.
I know that we have different taste but I would appreciate
hearing your preference on this. Will appreciate any info.

Thanks much,

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi there Brian and Group!

Are you referring to the small inserts that you can put ground coffee in and brew a cup of coffee? If so, Can you send me the name of this thing so I can order it?

THANKS&Have A Great DAY!

de

<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim>.

I got the refillable metal keurig cups at amazon.com