Composing Emails on Outlook Web

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

For context, I use NVDA on a Windows 10 machine. For the last few
weeks or so, message composition in the Outlook web interface (which I
access on Microsoft Edge) has been slightly funny. Browse mode, object
navigation and the review cursor seem to be ineffective, and I can
only really Tab around between the different fields and controls. Even
within the body field, using standard text navigation shortcuts (even
something like arrowing around) results in NVDA repeating the first
letter inputted (selecting text by adding Shift to the mix results in
complete speech feedback).
* Have others experienced these issues of late?
* Is there a way to revert to the older interface or otherwise fix this?
* In general, do you recommend using Outlook through its Desktop app
or its website?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24