Topics

computer not recognizing braille printer

Jerry hathaway

I have recently purchase a Braille Blazer printer. I have connected it to my desktop computer and downloaded the Braille translation program from APH. My computer seems not to be able to see that a Braille printer is connected to the computer. It does not list the printer when I go into control panel. Can anybody help me to figure how to get the computer to recognize the Braille Blazer printer, so I can start using the Braille printer. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this situation.
Jerry

Monte Single

You have to set up the printer, probably, under the menus in the braille translation software you downloaded.

In these menus you should set things like printer type, in this case it is probably “generic text”.

Also you  have to set things like line length, number of characters per line, number of lines per page, single or double spacing, ets..

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: June-29-20 3:44 PM
To: TechTalk <TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] computer not recognizing braille printer

I have recently purchase a Braille Blazer printer. I have connected it to my desktop computer and downloaded the Braille translation program from APH. My computer seems not to be able to see that a Braille printer is connected to the computer. It does not list the printer when I go into control panel. Can anybody help me to figure how to get the computer to recognize the Braille Blazer printer, so I can start using the Braille printer. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this situation.

Jerry