Topics

Confused (was What happened)

Walt Smith

I'm confused -- prior to receiving the invitation to join this list, I was already subscribed to an IO.Groups list with the same name, but with very little traffic. Next thing I knew, Carlos was moderating this list and it had become extremely active. Can someone please explain the background of this list before the events of this past weekend? Like how could I receive an invitation to join a list to which I was already subscribed?

--
Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

Pat Seed

Hi Everyone,
I wondered when this was going to be mentioned. I know about the other list, because I also belong to it as well.

Here is the difference.

The long time, not very active list, is run by Talking Communities and Helping Hands for the Blind. The list is actually called,
(tech-talk). Notice the (dash) in the name.

That is the reason that it seems that this list has the same name. So, in this (techTalk) list, there is no dash.

I hope this helps.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat

I'm confused -- prior to receiving the invitation to join this list, I was already subscribed to an IO.Groups list with the same name, but with very little traffic. Next thing I knew, Carlos was moderating this list and it had become extremely active. Can someone please explain the background of this list before the events of this past weekend? Like how could I receive an invitation to join a list to which I was already subscribed?

--
Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

Carlos

Hi Walt,
Perhaps you were subscribed to a list with a similar name.  I believe I may have seen a list with a similar name on groups.io, but only after I had already created this one.  Although now I can't seem to find it in the listing.  Do you happen to remember who was running that other list?  I created this one because I had a disagreement with the owner/moderator of BlindTech and was banned.  The list was quiet at first, but we have since gained quite a few members.

I'm confused -- prior to receiving the invitation to join this list, I was already subscribed to an IO.Groups list with the same name, but with very little traffic. Next thing I knew, Carlos was moderating this list and it had become extremely active. Can someone please explain the background of this list before the events of this past weekend? Like how could I receive an invitation to join a list to which I was already subscribed?

--
Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

Carlos

Hi Pat,
Looks like you answered my question.  Thanks.

I'm confused -- prior to receiving the invitation to join this list, I was already subscribed to an IO.Groups list with the same name, but with very little traffic. Next thing I knew, Carlos was moderating this list and it had become extremely active. Can someone please explain the background of this list before the events of this past weekend? Like how could I receive an invitation to join a list to which I was already subscribed?

--
Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

Matt

Well, it was the other list lost not yours. I just hate it that you cannot have a civilize disagreement without some list owner or Mod throwing you off the list because you just don’t agree with him or her! Now saying disagreement not rule breaking. Even rule breaking should be given at least one more chance if at all human possible. JMO! Good luck with this list it looks like it is booming !

[...]

 ka3agm @tampabay.rr..com

Walt Smith

Pat -

Oops! Thanks and yes, that's correct -- the first list has been *so* inactive that I'd forgotten about the hyphen in the name of the original one.

I wondered when this was going to be mentioned. I know about the other list, because I also belong to it as well.

Here is the difference.

The long time, not very active list, is run by Talking Communities and Helping Hands for the Blind. The list is actually called,
(tech-talk). Notice the (dash) in the name.

That is the reason that it seems that this list has the same name. So, in this (techTalk) list, there is no dash.

I hope this helps.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat

Carlos

Thanks Matt.  It was definitely a case of disagreement and not rule breaking.

[...]

Dennis L

I agree I certainly like this list over the other one

Thanks Matt. It was definitely a case of disagreement and not rule
breaking.

Well, it was the other list lost not yours. I just hate it that you
cannot have a civilize disagreement without some list owner or Mod throwing
you off the list because you just don't agree with him or her! Now saying
disagreement not rule breaking. Even rule breaking should be given at least
one more chance if at all human possible. JMO! Good luck with this list it
looks like it is booming !

Thanks,

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com <mailto:Matt.from.florida@gmail.com>

I'm confused -- prior to receiving the invitation to join
this list, I was already subscribed to an IO.Groups list with the same name,
but with very little traffic. Next thing I knew, Carlos was moderating this
list and it had become extremely active. Can someone please explain the
background of this list before the events of this past weekend? Like how
could I receive an invitation to join a list to which I was already
subscribed?

--

Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

ka3agm @tampabay.rr..com <mailto:h@tampabay.rr.com>

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi,
LOL, same here. I don't have that worry whenever I post.

I agree I certainly like this list over the other one

Thanks Matt. It was definitely a case of disagreement and not rule
breaking.

I'm confused -- prior to receiving the invitation to join
this list, I was already subscribed to an IO.Groups list with the same name,
but with very little traffic. Next thing I knew, Carlos was moderating this
list and it had become extremely active. Can someone please explain the
background of this list before the events of this past weekend? Like how
could I receive an invitation to join a list to which I was already
subscribed?

--

Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

ka3agm @tampabay.rr..com <mailto:h@tampabay.rr.com>

Sent from a Braille Sense

Sugar Lopez

Walter, I may be late in reply but I don’t think it was a groups io thing before and I think that other teck group was deleted. Think it was called tech time and not tech talk.

Not sure though.

But I know what you are saying.

Smile

Sugar