Topics

converting .msg to txt

Sugar Lopez

Hi friends

I use jaws 17, office/outlook 2016, windows 10 on a desk top.

I usually save all my e mails directly to my document folders by using the f12 key…

I was curiousabout converting my .msg e mail files over to txt files.

Is this even possible  with a key stroke or command?or would I have to do this manually  for each one?

Thanks

Sugar

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar

Gene

If you mean converting messages you've already saved, I suspect there is a third party utility that can convert them all in one procedure.  But in future, you can save your messages as text files from the program.  I don't use Outlook so I don't know the exact way you would do this but someone else should be able to tell you.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 1:27 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] converting .msg to txt

Hi friends

I use jaws 17, office/outlook 2016, windows 10 on a desk top.

I usually save all my e mails directly to my document folders by using the f12 key…

I was curiousabout converting my .msg e mail files over to txt files.

Is this even possible  with a key stroke or command?or would I have to do this manually  for each one?

Thanks

Sugar

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar

Sugar Lopez

Yes, thanks. I have started to do that but I like to save files directly, espeically if there is a link because I can go to the link from my documents.

Something I will have to think about.

I can always copy and post to a browser I suppose. Smile

Thank you again.

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 1:27 PM

Hi friends

I use jaws 17, office/outlook 2016, windows 10 on a desk top.

I usually save all my e mails directly to my document folders by using the f12 key…

I was curiousabout converting my .msg e mail files over to txt files.

Is this even possible  with a key stroke or command?or would I have to do this manually  for each one?

Thanks

Sugar

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar

Smiling?

Unfortunately manually one at a time, unless you wouldn’t mind paying for this option which would then allow you to batch convert the various  files because there are certainly third party softwares. Having never used one of these softwares though, I do not have any ideas about their anything.

I use jaws 17, office/outlook 2016, windows 10 on a desk top.

I usually save all my e mails directly to my document folders by using the f12 key…

I was curiousabout converting my .msg e mail files over to txt files.

Is this even possible  with a key stroke or command?or would I have to do this manually  for each one?

Thanks

Sugar

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar

Sugar Lopez