-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Mehler
Sent: April 27, 2021 1:15 PM
To: techtalk <techtalk@groups.io>

Hello,

Does anyone have the address for the cooking in the dark mailing list and is it active? I tried an acbradio address and it bounced.

Thanks.
Dave.

David Mehler

Hello,

Thank you for the new address. Please send me the other cooking lists
you mentioned.

Thanks.
Dave.

On 4/27/21, Madison Martin <madisonmartin463@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes it is active, here's the address:
CookingInTheDark+subscribe@groups.io

There are also other cooking lists if you're interested?

Does anyone have the address for the cooking in the dark mailing list and is
it active? I tried an acbradio address and it bounced.

Thanks.
Dave.

Madison Martin

I'll email you privately since I'm not sure this is really tech-related.

Does anyone have the address for the cooking in the dark mailing list
and is it active? I tried an acbradio address and it bounced.

Thanks.
Dave.

Madison Martin

Sorry folks, I guess I'll have to post them here as the reply to sender link isn't showing up. Here are the addresses for the other lists:
outofsightcooks+subscribe@groups.io

cooking-friends+subscribe@groups.io

mamas-corner+CCRT+subscribe@groups.io

You have to join this list before you can join the next one

CCRT+subscribe@mamas-corner.groups.io

List owner (s) and moderators, please forgive me for posting non-tech-related info to the list, I really wanted to send it to David privately, but I couldn't find the reply to sender link. Please don't get mad at me for doing this.

I'll email you privately since I'm not sure this is really tech-related.

Does anyone have the address for the cooking in the dark mailing list
and is it active? I tried an acbradio address and it bounced.

Thanks.
Dave.

John Holcomb II

That's odd, I don't see it either Madison.

But if you are in the message (and I'll use yours as an example...), and you shift tab a few times (I'm using outlook 2016 via Office365 on Windows 7 with Jaws 2021), I land in this:
main@TechTalk.groups.io; on behalf of; Madison Martin <madisonmartin463@gmail.com>
So there is at least a way to get at the info you'd need if you want to privately message somebody but I'm not sure why the reply to sender link isn't there.
Is this a groups.io thing that can be turned on or off by a list owner/moderator?
John

Sorry folks, I guess I'll have to post them here as the reply to sender link isn't showing up.

Gene

I don’t have the original message to check.  However, I found more or less by accident, that when someone sends messages as texthe reply to sender link isn’t included.  if messages are sent as HTML, they are.

Having said that, knowing how to find the sender’s address in the e-mail program being used is something it would benefit many people to know.  It may be a little different in different Windows e-mail programs but it can be done unless the list blocks those addresses so they aren’t shown in the first place.  and there are other list serves than Groups.io.  Other list serves don’t have such links.