Topics

deleting all messages in the inbox

Jeffrey Schwartz

I  just got home after two months in the hospital forCovid.     There are over two thousand messages in my inbox.  Is  there any way to delete them all at one time   I’m using Outlook.

Thanks,

Jeff

Evan Reese

Well, firstly, glad that you made it.

As to deleting a whole bunch of messages quickly, I don't know whether this will work in Outlook, but I had around 180,000 messages in my Inbox when I got Thunderbird, and I selected almost all of them, because there were a few at the bottom that I wanted to keep, and then hit shift-delete, and they were all gone in a couple minutes.

Be aware though, that shift-delete sends them to oblivion, not to the Deleted or Trash folder, or whatever Outlook calls it, so be very sure you want them all gone before you try that. I don't think you'll be able to get them back if you change your mind later.

Evan

On 7/11/2020 5:47 PM, Jeffrey Schwartz wrote:

I  just got home after two months in the hospital forCovid.     There are over two thousand messages in my inbox.  Is  there any way to delete them all at one time   I’m using Outlook.

Thanks,

Jeff

Carolyn Arnold

Works in Outlook - Select and Delete or Shift+Delete, which
I would do for 2,000 messages.

Hope you are better now, Jeff.

[...]

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Jeff, first of all, I'm delighted that you have recovered from the virus and are well. It must have been dreadful!

As for deleting messages, I'd select them in bunches using shift downarrow. then hitting the delete key. Do say twenty-five at a time.

Ann P.

Jeffery,

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Jeffrey Schwartz

Thanks Anne.

Jeff, first of all, I'm delighted that you have recovered from the virus and
are well. It must have been dreadful!

As for deleting messages, I'd select them in bunches using shift
downarrow. then hitting the delete key. Do say twenty-five at a time.

Ann P.

Jeffery,

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Jeffrey Schwartz

Better but far from well.

[...]

I can imagine. When I had pneumonia 12 years ago, it took me
six weeks to two months to gain my strength back.

[...]

Jeffrey, you are in my thoughts and prayers! I've heard some blind folks
say that Covid19 is a hoax; however, they've not had any close encounters,
and have never known anyone infected. My nephew and his wife living in
Owings Mills, MD were victims back in April; that was HOW CLOSE TO HOME it
got for me. Their quarantine sessions are over and they're back at work
again, to God be the glory!

Please take all the rest you need, stay safe as best you can and, know that
I'm raising the flag for you!! God bless sir.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

chris judge

It amazes me that there are still people out there who still believe it's a
hoax. Do they think all the stories of people dying are just, in the words
of Trump, "fake news"
I guess there are many who won't believe it's real until Trump gets it.

Chris Judge

Jeffrey, you are in my thoughts and prayers! I've heard some blind folks
say that Covid19 is a hoax; however, they've not had any close encounters,
and have never known anyone infected. My nephew and his wife living in
Owings Mills, MD were victims back in April; that was HOW CLOSE TO HOME it
got for me. Their quarantine sessions are over and they're back at work
again, to God be the glory!

Please take all the rest you need, stay safe as best you can and, know that
I'm raising the flag for you!! God bless sir.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

John Dennett

Chris,

Chris,I
ran into such an idiot last night who thinks the same that, its a hoax. But then, idiots are born not made.
All of the deaths and illness are more than awful.
John D Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 13, 2020, at 4:47 AM, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@...> wrote:

[...]

Pamela Dominguez

Oh wow!  I’m glad you are home, but I’m sorry you had to spend that much time in the hospital!  Pam.

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 5:47 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] deleting all messages in the inbox