Topics

deleting short cut off the desktop

heather albright

Hello, I have a desktop favorite and I deleted it to the recyle ben and cleared the ben but, it will not get off my desktop. It is still on it and but, it says it cant find it, so why is it still on the desktop. Any ideas? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

John Holcomb II

Because you deleted the favorite but you didn’t delete the actual shortcut.

If you hit delete on the thing that it can’t find it should let you delete it.

Try that and let us know.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 1:00 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] deleting short cut off the desktop

Hello, I have a desktop favorite and I deleted it to the recyle ben and cleared the ben but, it will not get off my desktop. It is still on it and but, it says it cant find it, so why is it still on the desktop. Any ideas? Heather

heather albright

I finally got it to go a way after restarting the pc. I had moved it to the favorites folder and had erased the short cut off the desktop. It was in the recyle ben but, after I restarted my pc when I had a jaws u, it was no longer on the desktop. Cheers Heather s

Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 12:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] deleting short cut off the desktop

Because you deleted the favorite but you didn’t delete the actual shortcut.

If you hit delete on the thing that it can’t find it should let you delete it.

Try that and let us know.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 1:00 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] deleting short cut off the desktop