Topics

Desktop pc with jaws

Stephanie

Hello all,

I'm about to make my way bac kto a windows pc after 10 years using a mac. i would lto know how to go a bchosing the latest pc, [desktop] that will work with the latest jaws. I'll be using the pc for the web, online education needs, zoom and other video conferenceing, and for creating music scores. O, and audio editing.

I want something that will be fast and work well that will last for a long time, or be upgradable in the years to come.

How do I go a bchosing a pc that will work? I also have to buy online because of covid restrictions in my area.

Thank you for your help.

Steph

Allen West

You will certainly get a variety of opinions on this, because this is
a personal preference. I tend to buy Lonova and Dell computers. Make
sure your computer has at least 8Gb of RAM. Your processor should be
an I5 or faster. I have come to prefer solid state drives. My most
recent computer has a 500GB SSD.

Allen

On 10/21/20, Stephanie <naturelovingmom@...> wrote:
Hello all,

I'm about to make my way bac kto a windows pc after 10 years using a mac. i
would lto know how to go a bchosing the latest pc, [desktop] that will work
with the latest jaws. I'll be using the pc for the web, online education
needs, zoom and other video conferenceing, and for creating music scores. O,
and audio editing.

I want something that will be fast and work well that will last for a long
time, or be upgradable in the years to come.

How do I go a bchosing a pc that will work? I also have to buy online
because of covid restrictions in my area.

Thank you for your help.

Steph

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi Allen and Group!

I have been running jaws on a system with a 29.1 GHB processor and 4 GB ram for 5 to 6 years now, and haven't really experienced any sort of slowness or other problems.  The only thing that I notice is that it tends to be a bit slow on booting up and starting jaws.  I am running Win 10 with the latest updates and the system just keeps on keeping on<SMILE!>.  Of course I hope to double my ram at the very least in the not to distant future.  I strongly suspect that if I had 8 to 12 GHB that I would have the ultimate machine! Just another opinion for whatever it may be worth. Good Luck and Have A Good 1!

de

<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.