Desktop shortcuts to favorite web sites

Marie Nelson

I recently learned of this neat way to add the shortcuts when using Google Chrome

This is built onto the chromium  browser.

go to your website you want to create the shortcut to.

alt - f will bring up the file menu and you hit l after to bring your focus onto the more tools sub menu

hit enter to open

Arrow down to find a feature called create shortcut

Give it whatever name you want on it.

personally, I create that as an open  window.

tab to create and it will create that shortcut on your desktop.

When you press enter on the shortcut, chrome will open to the web page you selected.

Marie

Gene

That's fine if you want the page to open in Edge no matter if you change your default browser.

Gene