detecting falls

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I'm asking on behalf of a sighted friend as I told her I'd do some searching.
Her mom is 88 years old and she's fallen 4 times in the last 3 weeks, and my
friend is worried that one of these times she's going to end up in the hospital.
They live half a mile from each other, does anyone know of anything that could
tell my friend when she's fallen? Other then this her mom is excellent so my
friend doesn't want her to have to go into assisted living or something like
that. Really hope someone has ideas; I know I've seen commercials for something
that detects falls but I can't think of the name now. I want to help her out,
but I thought I'd ask on hear before doing my own searching. Look forward to any
suggestions anyone can provide me!!! Thanks Madison

Carolyn Arnold

My Humana Insurance offers a Life Line, and you can also buy
them somewhere, where you are monitored, can push button and
get immediate help.

I would think four recent falls recently demands
intervention. I am 84, and haven't had a fall in years. I am
asked repeatedly if I have had any falls by medical people
or insurance people. My husband is 83 and has not fallen.
One fall, and that can be a bad sign.

I'm asking on behalf of a sighted friend as I told her I'd
do some searching.
Her mom is 88 years old and she's fallen 4 times in the last
3 weeks, and my friend is worried that one of these times
she's going to end up in the hospital.
They live half a mile from each other, does anyone know of
anything that could tell my friend when she's fallen? Other
then this her mom is excellent so my friend doesn't want her
to have to go into assisted living or something like that.
Really hope someone has ideas; I know I've seen commercials
for something that detects falls but I can't think of the
name now. I want to help her out, but I thought I'd ask on
hear before doing my own searching. Look forward to any
suggestions anyone can provide me!!! Thanks Madison

E.M. Kirtley

She can get her Life-Alert or something like that which will send out a signal for assistance.  Make sure there are no throw rugs around the house.  Hope this helps.

Ms. Kirtley