Topics

difficulty using postal service website using jaws

joanne

II want to change my address, but there is no edit field at all for putting the date in. The other fields are showing, but there doesn't seem to be an edit field or even a date picker that might possibly be activated. The combo box for what type of phone--home or mobile--does not read the items either, even with using alt down arrow to make sure combo box is open. I'm not sure what to do when there's not a clear edit field or is there a Jaws key command I'm not aware of that will bring hard to find fields more into focus? Thanks.

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

What browser are you using, and what OS?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

David L Minton, Jr

Good afternoon, I have always had issues using the United States Postal Service website with a lot of things. One you can’t create a case and document it with all the things that you’re missing that the post the package never got to your location. And they informed delivery you never can read what is showing is in your mailbox that day due to they use pictures and Giles will not see them. I am using chrome and I have used explore and fire fox in the past. None of the browsers are working for me. If you are getting it to work with you please
If you are willing to share with me how you were getting it to work I would really appreciate it. You can reach back to me privately if you wish. I wish the website was more accessible to easily impaired or blind persons. Have a great day and stay safe.

On Jan 22, 2021, at 7:30 AM, Ann Parsons <akp@sero.email> wrote:

Hi all,

What browser are you using, and what OS?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Cochise

I have been able to use the informed daily delivery part of the USPS, but
haven't tried to file a case. To read the images of your mail you can use
picture smart in JAWS 2021.
Navigating the site can be tricky. I find that If I click on the link at top
of the pages that say skip all page navigation, I am more likely to get to

the place I want.----- Original Message -----