Topics

digital voice recorders

DAVID GLOBE

Hello all

There is a digital rechorder that my wife and I each had years ago, and they were wonderful.  They of corse dide a long time ago and we just cant remember who made them.  We hear the name of them mentioned once in a while on these groups, but we can’t find them in Canada.

These ones have a rounded bass where the speaker is, and very simple to use buttons on the sides.  Have any of you found a digital rechorder you like using?

Many thanks.

David

Patrick Ford

The Olympus Digital recorders.
 I use the DM 620.
They have a newer version now but do not recall the name - it may be the DM 720. Voice guides you through the menus and it is an excellent digital recorder.  I think around 150 Dollars US.

On Nov 5, 2020, at 10:40 AM, DAVID GLOBE <dglobe@...> wrote:

Hello all
There is a digital rechorder that my wife and I each had years ago, and they were wonderful.  They of corse dide a long time ago and we just cant remember who made them.  We hear the name of them mentioned once in a while on these groups, but we can’t find them in Canada.
These ones have a rounded bass where the speaker is, and very simple to use buttons on the sides.  Have any of you found a digital rechorder you like using?
Many thanks.
David

Monte Single

Hi David was it an off the shelf voice recorder or was it something specificly designed for the  blind?

The most popular mainstream voice recorders are the Olympus  brand.

There is a digital rechorder that my wife and I each had years ago, and they were wonderful.  They of corse dide a long time ago and we just cant remember who made them.  We hear the name of them mentioned once in a while on these groups, but we can’t find them in Canada.

These ones have a rounded bass where the speaker is, and very simple to use buttons on the sides.  Have any of you found a digital rechorder you like using?

Many thanks.

David

DAVID GLOBE

Thanks so much.  That’s the name we were looking for.

Much appreciated.

David