From: Sharon Hooley
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 9:20 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Disappointing experience with some YouTube videos

Hi,

I'm trying to listen to some YouTube live stream recordings, but sometimes all I hear is music so far. I understand that we have to wait until it's published, but there's at least one episode that should have been made available a week or two ago. Does anyone else experience this frustration? Any feedback and suggestions of what to do would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Sharon Hooley

I doubt that in this case they were taken down because of copyright violation, as this organization clearly makes them freely available on their website below the current video player, as I had been able to watch some of them successfully.  In the past, I've come across videos I wanted to watch later, but they were clearly listed as deleted.  I'm curious what a sighted person will find here.

On 8/2/2020 3:21 PM, Gene wrote:

I don't know what is shown on screen when this happens but it has happened to me before.  this material was probably taken down or maybe you have to be a paid member of Youtube to stream it.  Why this happens instead of something on screen or some sort of announcement that the file has been taken down for copyright violations is something I don't know.  If you have a sighted person around to see what is on screen, we may get an answer but all this material is copyrighted.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Sharon Hooley
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 9:20 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi,

I'm trying to listen to some YouTube live stream recordings, but sometimes all I hear is music so far.  I understand that we have to wait until it's published, but there's at least one episode that should have been made available a week or two ago.  Does anyone else experience this frustration? Any feedback and suggestions of what to do would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com