From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 2:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] does anyone know about OE classic?

H            I all,

I am currently jawing 18, and windows ten. I haver outlook 2019, and don't like it. so if OE classic is as good  as  OE was, I'm interested. Any comments? Jim

Gene

I think Thunderbird would be better to try first. I'm not sure how accessible Outlook Express Classic is but from previous conversations I've seen on one or two lists, the free version isn't yet accessible. I see no reason to pay for an e-mail program. Thunderbird is accessible and free.

I am currently jawing 18, and windows ten. I haver outlook 2019, and don't like it. so if OE classic is as good as OE was, I'm interested. Any comments? Jim

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I have it and it is very similar to OE, but it still needs work to make it screen reader friendly. The developer says he is working on it. There is focus issues with folders and messages.
I am currently jawing 18, and windows ten. I haver outlook 2019, and don't like it. so if OE classic is as good  as  OE was, I'm interested. Any comments? Jim

Gene

Another really important advantage of using Thunderbird is that you can use Thunderbird portable, which I very strongly recommend instead of the installed version. I'll present more reasons if people want, I've written about this on different lists, I'm not sure just which ones.

I'll make one point about the portable version. If something becomes corrupted in the portable version, you don't have to try to figure out the problem and solve it. You can just delete it, and copy your backup copy of the program to the location you run it from. Nothing else needs to be done.

I have it and it is very similar to OE, but it still needs work to make it screen reader friendly. The developer says he is working on it. There is focus issues with folders and messages.
I am currently jawing 18, and windows ten. I haver outlook 2019, and don't like it. so if OE classic is as good as OE was, I'm interested. Any comments? Jim

Mary Smith

Gene, I already use the portable version but I'd like to hear your reasons as to why its preferable than the installed copy. Other listers will benefit from this info.

-----Original Message----- From: Loy
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 4:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

----- Original Messages ----- From: Jim Rawls