Topics

Does anyone know how to remove Avast from your PC

Shirley Healy

I am trying to get rid of avast. Does anyone know how to do it? It seems to be hard to get rid of it. I am unsure of what I need to do to finally remove it from my PC!
Any help would be appreciated!
shirley

Ron Canazzi

Hi Shirley,

I am not sure about other operating systems, but with Windows 10, I went to programs and features and used the uninstall feature for Avast.  It is not too accessible, but I believe if you run the uninstall from programs and features, if you press enter on one of the inaccessible buttons, the rest is automated and the uninstall completes.  Give that a try and see what happens.

On 6/26/2020 11:52 PM, Shirley Healy wrote:
I am trying to get rid of avast. Does anyone know how to do it? It seems to be hard to get rid of it. I am unsure of what I need to do to finally remove it from my PC!
Any help would be appreciated!
shirley

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

heather albright

I seem to have remembered, I went to %appdata% to delete some left over files but, I think the last time I had to remove this was on 7!  Some one can correct me if this is not true anymore! Cheers Heather

I am not sure about other operating systems, but with Windows 10, I went to programs and features and used the uninstall feature for Avast.  It is not too accessible, but I believe if you run the uninstall from programs and features, if you press enter on one of the inaccessible buttons, the rest is automated and the uninstall completes.  Give that a try and see what happens.

On 6/26/2020 11:52 PM, Shirley Healy wrote:
I am trying to get rid of avast. Does anyone know how to do it? It seems to be hard to get rid of it. I am unsure of what I need to do to finally remove it from my PC!
Any help would be appreciated!
shirley

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Timothy Mok

Hi Shirley,

Go to Google and type

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

To download the Avast! Removal utility. That’s how I did it when I uninstalled it from my Windows 7.

Kind regards

Tim.

I am trying to get rid of avast. Does anyone know how to do it? It seems to be hard to get rid of it. I am unsure of what I need to do to finally remove it from my PC!

Any help would be appreciated!

shirley

Shirley Healy

Awesome tim thank you so much!