Topics

does windows mail work with jaws?

Jim Rawls

I may be  getting a new computer that does not include outlook. So does windows mail work with jaws 2021? If not, is there a place I can get officer 2019? Jim

Gene

Do you want Ofice because you want it or just for Outlook? You can use the Windows mail app but it is a very limited program and a lot of people don't like it. How well it would meet your needs, I don't know. As I recall from discussions I've seen, you can't create message rules.Why not use either Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail? They are both free.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 2:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] does windows mail work with jaws?

I may be getting a new computer that does not include outlook. So does windows mail work with jaws 2021? If not, is there a place I can get officer 2019? Jim

Kerryn Gunness

yes

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 4:59 PM

I may be  getting a new computer that does not include outlook. So does windows mail work with jaws 2021? If not, is there a place I can get officer 2019? Jim

Pamela Dominguez

There’s no reason it shouldn’t.  But I haven’t seen windows mail in a computer since my vista computer.  So do you mean windows mail, or windows live mail?  Pam.

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 3:59 PM

I may be  getting a new computer that does not include outlook. So does windows mail work with jaws 2021? If not, is there a place I can get officer 2019? Jim

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Gene

Neither. There is a Windows Mail app that works in Windows 10 and has no relation to the earlier program, Windows Mail.

Gene

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] does windows mail work with jaws?

There’s no reason it shouldn’t. But I haven’t seen windows mail in a computer since my vista computer. So do you mean windows mail, or windows live mail? Pam.

I may be getting a new computer that does not include outlook. So does windows mail work with jaws 2021? If not, is there a place I can get officer 2019? Jim

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Gene

I should have said, has no relationship to either earlier program.

Gene

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 6:14 PM

Neither. There is a Windows Mail app that works in Windows 10 and has no
relation to the earlier program, Windows Mail.

Gene
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 5:49 PM

There’s no reason it shouldn’t. But I haven’t seen windows mail in a
computer since my vista computer. So do you mean windows mail, or windows
live mail? Pam.

I may be getting a new computer that does not include outlook. So does
windows mail work with jaws 2021? If not, is there a place I can get officer
2019? Jim

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Loy

I think the proper name of the program talked about is the Mail app in Windows 10, which is neither Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 6:49 PM

There’s no reason it shouldn’t.  But I haven’t seen windows mail in a computer since my vista computer.  So do you mean windows mail, or windows live mail?  Pam.

I may be  getting a new computer that does not include outlook. So does windows mail work with jaws 2021? If not, is there a place I can get officer 2019? Jim

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Janet

Hi Jim and All,
With Windows 10 there is the Windows Mail app, in which from my understanding, it is basically a free mail app of the Outlook for iOS. People who might be familiar with the Outlook for iOS will probably know what that is. I use Outlook for iOS on my iPhone, and I love that app, and now, that I have Windows 10 and the Windows Mail app, it is quite similar to what I have on my phone, in which I do like. So, I guess I can say yes, I do like the Windows Mail app, and it does work fine with JAWS, or at least it has so far!

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 3:37 PM

Do you want Ofice because you want it or just for Outlook? You can use the
Windows mail app but it is a very limited program and a lot of people don't
like it. How well it would meet your needs, I don't know. As I recall from
discussions I've seen, you can't create message rules.Why not use either
Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail? They are both free.

Gene
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 2:59 PM

I may be getting a new computer that does not include outlook. So does
windows mail work with jaws 2021? If not, is there a place I can get officer
2019? Jim

Abbie Taylor

The Windows 10 mail app works well with JAWS 2021. Some of the commands you use in Outlook will work here as well. For example Comtrol plus Y opens a folders list, and Control plus Shift plus V gives you the option to move a message to a specific folder. This program syncs beautifully with my gmail account. So, all my contacts are available, and auto-complete works the same way it does in Outlook. 

Granted, the Windows 10 mail app is limited, but if you don't need message rules or anything fancy, it should work. The only thing I've found inaccessible is the signature dialog box, but I was able to create a signature with the assistance of Casey Mathews of Web Friendly Help. Once you get your new computer, if you have questions about the Windows 10 mail app, please feel free to email me off-list, and I'll try to help. I think I like this app better than Outlook and am considering discontinuing my Microsoft 365 subscription and just purchasing Word, which I still use and love.
--

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...