From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison
Martin
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 3:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] donating a laptop

Hi all,
Don't know if anyone can help me, but I'm going to ask anyway. My old laptop
is just collecting dust on my desk, but it's still a perfectly good machine
for someone who doesn't care about having the latest and gratest in terms of
computers. Now I know there's Computers for the Blind in Texas, but as I
live in Canada I worry about what it would cost to ship it to them. Does
anyone know of anywhere closer where I could donate my laptop too? I'm not
interested in selling it because I don't know how much I'd get for it, plus
I know that there are many people especially visually impaired people who
can't afford a brand-new computer so if I could donate it to somewhere so
that it could go to someone who really needs/wants a good machine then I'd
love to do that. Hope someone can help me!!! Thanks
Madison

Madison Martin

Hi Michael,
I wanted to email you privately, but there doesn't seem to be a reply to sender
link at the bottom of the message. I'm sorry, but since it can't be upgraded to
Windows 10 it's probably not much good to you since Windows 7 is no longer
supported. Have they tried looking around to see if anyone has a laptop with
Windows 10 that they'd be willing to sell/donate?

my name is Michael, I would be able to help you with that. I help people get
computers all of the time.
I do know some people in Canada that can use one.
If you would like to contact me off line that would be great.
Michael

Don't know if anyone can help me, but I'm going to ask anyway. My old laptop is
just collecting dust on my desk, but it's still a perfectly good machine for
someone who doesn't care about having the latest and gratest in terms of
computers. Now I know there's Computers for the Blind in Texas, but as I live in
Canada I worry about what it would cost to ship it to them. Does anyone know of
anywhere closer where I could donate my laptop too? I'm not interested in
selling it because I don't know how much I'd get for it, plus I know that there
are many people especially visually impaired people who can't afford a brand-new
computer so if I could donate it to somewhere so that it could go to someone who
really needs/wants a good machine then I'd love to do that. Hope someone can
help me!!! Thanks
Madison

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Michael