Topics

Downloading from Bard

Marie

I was on the Bard list this morning and it took 15 minutes to download a book. Is this a Bard issue or mine?
Marie

Victor

Hi Marie:

It's probably a Bard issue.  It's slow now andthen.

Victor

On Jul 20, 2020, at 8:07 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I was on the Bard list this morning and it took 15 minutes to download a book. Is this a Bard issue or mine?
Marie

Gene

You can do an Internet speed test to find out. I haven't done one in a long time. Others can tell you test sites they like. Or you can download something you know about how long the download takes other than using the Bard site.

I was on the Bard list this morning and it took 15 minutes to download a book. Is this a Bard issue or mine?
Marie

Gerald Levy

Hard to say.  What is your normal download speed?  You can check it by going to fast.com.  If your download speed is 50 mbps or higher, it should not take more than 2 or 3 minutes to download a ten hour book. On the other hand, there have been very few new books posted on BARD recently, so it is also possible that the BARD site is currently experiencing technical problems.

Gerald

On 7/20/2020 11:07 AM, Marie wrote:
I was on the Bard list this morning and it took 15 minutes to download a book. Is this a Bard issue or mine?
Marie

Jim Wohlgamuth

No!

I have that same issue from time to time.  I suspect that the server is just overloaded at times or I have a very slow connection.  Most of the time I can download a book in a few minutes or less. I would suggest that if this issue persists, that you contact your cooperating library and let them know.

Have A Good 1! de

<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 20-Jul-20 11:07, Marie wrote:
I was on the Bard list this morning and it took 15 minutes to download a book. Is this a Bard issue or mine?
Marie

Victor

This morning I downloaded several books to my iPhone with no trouble at all. They downloaded very quickly.

Victor