Try the following to set your download folder so it doesn't show the so called calendar for lack of a better term.

From: Chris via Groups.Io
This is because the group by option is enabled
If you deselect all files in the folder then do the equivalent of a right click and in the menu go to group by and in the sub menu choose none

That should do it

 Chris

From: Mike B
Put your downloads folder into, List or Details view, and also choose, None, from the Group By folder.  Below are shortcut keystrokes for changing view
settings, but you'll need to open the view menu to access the, Group By, folder to change it to, None.

CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large icons,
CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large Icons,
CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons,
CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons,