Dropbox Access Issues

-Mike B

Hi All,

I hope I can explain this so it makes sense.  On my Windows 10 computer running 22H2 latest with both the latest Jawws and NVDA when I try to access Preferences from the System Tray this is what happens.

I press enter on the Dropbox systray icon and down arrow to, Access and Manage Dropbox settings, and press spacebar or enter.

I then hear either Jaws or NVDA report Menu, ... 2 of 8.  I then down arrow and all my controls are running horizontally and with I use, Insert + Right arrow to navigate to first letter of, Preferences, and press enter.  This now puts all these controls that were running horizontally into a vertical list and I can down arrow to Preferences and press enter to get to the Dropbox settings / preferences like General, Bandwidth, Backups...

What setting is causing the controls to be on a horizontal line, then when pressing enter on one of the controls they are now showing vertically and can be navigated and activated normally, so to speak?.  All input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

-Mike B

Hi All,

My Dropbox navigation issues have been cleared up.  How, I don't have a clue but, things are back to normal now, whatever the hell normal might be!.  LOL 

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2022 6:20 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Dropbox Access Issues

Hi All,

I hope I can explain this so it makes sense.  On my Windows 10 computer running 22H2 latest with both the latest Jawws and NVDA when I try to access Preferences from the System Tray this is what happens.

I press enter on the Dropbox systray icon and down arrow to, Access and Manage Dropbox settings, and press spacebar or enter.

I then hear either Jaws or NVDA report Menu, ... 2 of 8.  I then down arrow and all my controls are running horizontally and with I use, Insert + Right arrow to navigate to first letter of, Preferences, and press enter.  This now puts all these controls that were running horizontally into a vertical list and I can down arrow to Preferences and press enter to get to the Dropbox settings / preferences like General, Bandwidth, Backups...

What setting is causing the controls to be on a horizontal line, then when pressing enter on one of the controls they are now showing vertically and can be navigated and activated normally, so to speak?.  All input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Thom Spittle

Mine got worse yesterday, and I figured out how to clear them up. Anytime I opened a document within dropbox, it would come up with some overlay menu that I could not close out of or access my document. If I tried to alt F4 it would want to close down my document. I think it had to do with using Dropbox as a saving location within office. Aft After a few attempts, I went into my preferences of dropbox and disabled it, which cleared it up. So caution. Have a great day. 

On Dec 4, 2022, at 10:04 PM, -Mike B <mwb5781@...> wrote:

Hi All,

My Dropbox navigation issues have been cleared up.  How, I don't have a clue but, things are back to normal now, whatever the hell normal might be!.  LOL 

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2022 6:20 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Dropbox Access Issues

Hi All,