Topics

Dropbox and pCloud

Joe Orozco

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are JAWS scripts for Dropbox? The website
accessibility has grown increasingly bad, and even the desktop app
seems to have gotten worse in terms of simple things like checking
free space and adjusting sync settings.

Also, does anyone have experience with pCloud? I'm testing out the app
now before deciding whether or not to buy into their lifetime plan.
Some of the features are not accessible, like adding passwords and
expiration dates to shared links, but this could be a matter of
finding the right workaround. I would be curious to hear other
people's impressions of the cloud storage service.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

David Moore

Pcloud works very well as a service on my Android phones and on my Windows 10 computers. It puts a separate drive on your computer listed under this pc. I believe you get five gigs of storage for free! Have a great day! David Moore

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020, 1:42 PM Joe Orozco <jsoro824@...> wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know if there are JAWS scripts for Dropbox? The website
accessibility has grown increasingly bad, and even the desktop app
seems to have gotten worse in terms of simple things like checking
free space and adjusting sync settings.

Also, does anyone have experience with pCloud? I'm testing out the app
now before deciding whether or not to buy into their lifetime plan.
Some of the features are not accessible, like adding passwords and
expiration dates to shared links, but this could be a matter of
finding the right workaround. I would be curious to hear other
people's impressions of the cloud storage service.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

Gene

How has the system tray interface gotten worse? I don't use it much but with NVDA, the part I look at looks the same and when I look at preferences, it looks as it used to.

Does anyone know if there are JAWS scripts for Dropbox? The website
accessibility has grown increasingly bad, and even the desktop app
seems to have gotten worse in terms of simple things like checking
free space and adjusting sync settings.

Also, does anyone have experience with pCloud? I'm testing out the app
now before deciding whether or not to buy into their lifetime plan.
Some of the features are not accessible, like adding passwords and
expiration dates to shared links, but this could be a matter of
finding the right workaround. I would be curious to hear other
people's impressions of the cloud storage service.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

Joe Orozco

Thanks to David for vouching for pCloud.

As for Dropbox, if you click on it from the system tray, there's
silence. You might be able to tab around and eventually get it to tell
you to press Enter to open Dropbox, but it's hit or miss. Even once
you succeed at opening the right window, it seems more difficult to
find Preferences. I generally like Dropbox, but its attention to
accessibility when it comes to Windows leaves something to be desired.
So far on iOS it seems fine.

Joe

On 9/10/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

Are you using the screen-reader's system tray dialog or the actual System Tray? If something doesn't work one way, truy the other. In this case, Dropbox no longer works properly with the system tray dialog your screen-reader makes available but it does if you use the actual system tray.

Does anyone know if there are JAWS scripts for Dropbox? The website
accessibility has grown increasingly bad, and even the desktop app
seems to have gotten worse in terms of simple things like checking
free space and adjusting sync settings.

Also, does anyone have experience with pCloud? I'm testing out the app
now before deciding whether or not to buy into their lifetime plan.
Some of the features are not accessible, like adding passwords and
expiration dates to shared links, but this could be a matter of
finding the right workaround. I would be curious to hear other
people's impressions of the cloud storage service.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

Smiling?

Custom JAWS Scripts For Dropbox:
https://dlee.org/dropbox/

Does anyone know if there are JAWS scripts for Dropbox? The website accessibility has grown increasingly bad, and even the desktop app seems to have gotten worse in terms of simple things like checking free space and adjusting sync settings.

Also, does anyone have experience with pCloud? I'm testing out the app now before deciding whether or not to buy into their lifetime plan.
Some of the features are not accessible, like adding passwords and expiration dates to shared links, but this could be a matter of finding the right workaround. I would be curious to hear other people's impressions of the cloud storage service.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

Joe Orozco

What's the difference? I use Insert F11. Are you suggesting I use the
task bar instead? I'd never considered this as an option. Thanks for
sharing.

And thank you for the Dropbox scripts!

Joe

On 9/11/20, Smiling? <blind7@...> wrote:
Custom JAWS Scripts For Dropbox:
https://dlee.org/dropbox/

Does anyone know if there are JAWS scripts for Dropbox? The website
accessibility has grown increasingly bad, and even the desktop app seems to
have gotten worse in terms of simple things like checking free space and
adjusting sync settings.

Also, does anyone have experience with pCloud? I'm testing out the app now
before deciding whether or not to buy into their lifetime plan.
Some of the features are not accessible, like adding passwords and
expiration dates to shared links, but this could be a matter of finding the
right workaround. I would be curious to hear other people's impressions of
the cloud storage service.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

Gene

Do you know how to open and work with the system tray itself? f11 opens a system tray dialog your screen-reader provides. You aren't working with the actual system tray itself. You must work with the actual system tray to be able to open and work with the Dropbox menu.

I'll explain how to work with Dropbox itself if you don't know.

Does anyone know if there are JAWS scripts for Dropbox? The website
accessibility has grown increasingly bad, and even the desktop app seems to
have gotten worse in terms of simple things like checking free space and
adjusting sync settings.

Also, does anyone have experience with pCloud? I'm testing out the app now
before deciding whether or not to buy into their lifetime plan.
Some of the features are not accessible, like adding passwords and
expiration dates to shared links, but this could be a matter of finding the
right workaround. I would be curious to hear other people's impressions of
the cloud storage service.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

Joe Orozco

Yes, I would love help working with the actual system tray and
Dropbox. Thanks much in advance!--Joe

On 9/11/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

The easiest way to move to the system tray is with the command Windows key b. You can shift tab to it from the desktop as well.

After you issue Windows key b, you can move from item to item with the left and right arrows and you can use first letter navigation.
The keyboard commands for clicking are as follows:
Left double click is enter.
Left single clicck is space bar.
Right click is the context menu key.
In the case of Dropbox, you may be able to use either single left click or double left click. Experimentation will tell you.

You can usually use either the system tray f11 dialog, or you can use the regular system tray, but there are times when one works and the other doesn't.

Does anyone know if there are JAWS scripts for Dropbox? The website
accessibility has grown increasingly bad, and even the desktop app seems
have gotten worse in terms of simple things like checking free space and
adjusting sync settings.

Also, does anyone have experience with pCloud? I'm testing out the app
now
before deciding whether or not to buy into their lifetime plan.
Some of the features are not accessible, like adding passwords and
expiration dates to shared links, but this could be a matter of finding
the
right workaround. I would be curious to hear other people's impressions
of
the cloud storage service.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

George McCoy

Fwiw, When I click on Dropbox in my system tray, the context menu speaks just as it has always done.

George