From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 5:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessible free PC driver upgrade software

Fanus,

           The issue you're having sometimes occurs, and no one ever really knows why (and I'm sure the actual underlying causes are myriad).  What I suggest is following these instructions: Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

            And if you want to be "very strict" with your machine during that process, make sure it's not connected to the internet.  When you have the ISO file you already have all of the essential components needed to do the repair install or feature update.  If there are additional updates that were put in place after Microsoft issued the ISO file then those will be applied via the normal Windows Update process after you again establish internet connectivity.

Bharat

Please mout the iso from within the windows. you don't need to burn it to a DVD.

On 10/23/20, Fanus <buys.fanus@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello again Brian

I changed the subject. I downloaded the iso file but it is 4.6 GB and my DVD
disc which I bought long ago is 4.4 GB. Does one get DVD discs with larger
capacity?

Regards

<https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&;id=1RZiHlLVtXewYBgoSvJNm9_08hj1tALPK>
Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO
file

And if you want to be "very strict" with your machine during
that process, make sure it's not connected to the internet. When you have
the ISO file you already have all of the essential components needed to do
the repair install or feature update. If there are additional updates that
were put in place after Microsoft issued the ISO file then those will be
applied via the normal Windows Update process after you again establish
internet connectivity.

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely
fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 10:44 AM, Bharat wrote:
Please mout the iso from within the windows. you don't need to burn it to a DVD.
-
Precisely, and this is laid out explicitly in the step-by-step instructions, which I expect will be read and followed.

And were I to need external media, I'd definitely use USB media not optical these days, but for this you do not need external media.

Howard Traxler

And where can I find the "step-by-step instructions" that you speak of?  Thanks
Howard

On 10/23/2020 10:28 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 10:44 AM, Bharat wrote:
Please mout the iso from within the windows. you don't need to burn it to a DVD.
-
Precisely, and this is laid out explicitly in the step-by-step instructions, which I expect will be read and followed.

And were I to need external media, I'd definitely use USB media not optical these days, but for this you do not need external media.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Howard,

           They were bottom quoted in the message that started this topic.  (And, as an aside and a personal soapbox, that's why I like leaving a line or two for context, top quoted, in many posts).  That being said, repeated here:   Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file