Topics

Dymo Braille labler question

Loy

I just got a Dymo Braille Label maker. Is there  way to cut the label when finished?

Byron Stephens

I have one of these. When you make a label you want. Find the mark for the space on the dile. When you get there squeez and hold the brigger, and pull the label.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 4:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Dymo Braille labler question

I just got a Dymo Braille Label maker. Is there  way to cut the label when finished?

Mike B

Hi Loy,

On the dial between the, A , dot 1, and dots, 3, 4, 5, I don't recall what dots 3, 4, & 5 represent is the tape cutter.  It feels like a vertical rectangular block.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

heather albright

I think it is the simble by the letter a. cheers Heather

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Dymo Braille labler question

Hi Loy,

On the dial between the, A , dot 1, and dots, 3, 4, 5, I don't recall what dots 3, 4, & 5 represent is the tape cutter.  It feels like a vertical rectangular block.

brian

On the Dymo labeler the tape cutter is a full braille cell.  The problem that I had with was that it would cut off way to much blank tape so I quit using it. 

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2020 9:37 PM, heather albright wrote:

Hi Loy,

heather albright

Yes, i found the same thing. If you have small sewing sissors, you you can cut the tape.  I do the same thing with my 6dot as it waist to much tape. Cheers Heather

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 8:51 PM

On the Dymo labeler the tape cutter is a full braille cell.  The problem that I had with was that it would cut off way to much blank tape so I quit using it. 

Brian Sackrider

Hi Loy,

Dave

Yes, Twirl the Dial around to the symbol that feels like a solid Square or rectangle.

At that point, press the trigger, and it should cut the Tape.

Grumpy Dave

P.S.  Curious, I bought mine a million years ago, but what do those units sell for now?

On 8/30/2020 4:48 PM, Loy wrote:

Mike B

Yes it does waste labeling tape, but when you're only using it to make short tags for labeling items or labeling appliances, you have to  waste that little bit so you can peel the backing off.  Also if you don't push out the extra tape to give you that little bit to grab on to, you play hell getting your little label / tag out of the gulley the tape comes through .  I can tell you from personal experience that after trying many times getting a piece of labeling tape out of that gulley can be a major pain in the ass!  LOL  LOL 

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 6:51 PM

Brian Sackrider

Hi Loy,

Pat Seed

Hi Brian and All,
I never tried to analyze what I do with the dymo tape labeller to make it work. However, I grabbed it, and here is what I do and would suggest.

When you are going to get ready to make a label:

1. open the receptacle where the tape is, and keep it open.

2. Have one hand where the label comes out, and the other hand on the tape inside, preparing to guide it.

3. Guide the dymo tape using the hand that is inside the label maker, to the other hand where the tape comes out. Gently and slowly pushing it through works best.

4. Push the tape through so that it just touches a finger of the hand outside the label maker.

5. Press the letters to make your label.

6. Turn the dial of the labeller to the cutting cell, and squeeze the label maker securely with one hand,  while you gently pull out your label with your other hand.

I hope that I have explained this so it makes sense and helps.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 9:51 PM

Brian Sackrider

Hi Loy,

Loy

Thanks everyone. you would think they would have had some instructions included with the labeler.--- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 10:12 PM

Yes, i found the same thing. If you have small sewing sissors, you you can cut the tape.  I do the same thing with my 6dot as it waist to much tape. Cheers Heather
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 8:51 PM

Brian Sackrider

Hi Loy,

Pamela Dominguez

Yes, it is right to the left of the letter a.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 9:37 PM

Hi Loy,

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Pamela Dominguez

Sometimes, that blade gets dirty with glue from the tape and stops working, so you have to take the thing apart and clean it.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 11:14 PM

Yes, Twirl the Dial around to the symbol that feels like a solid Square or rectangle.

At that point, press the trigger, and it should cut the Tape.

Grumpy Dave

P.S.  Curious, I bought mine a million years ago, but what do those units sell for now?

On 8/30/2020 4:48 PM, Loy wrote:

Virus-free. www.avg.com

brian

Even doing that I still have almost enough blank tape to make annother label.  This is the problem with the dymo labeler you go through roles of tape very quickly because al of the waisted tape.  If it was not for that the dymo would be a great way to braille lots of things.

I know that you do have tohave some tape to peal it off but not that much.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2020 11:44 PM, Pat Seed wrote:
Hi Brian and All,
I never tried to analyze what I do with the dymo tape labeller to make it work. However, I grabbed it, and here is what I do and would suggest.

When you are going to get ready to make a label:

1. open the receptacle where the tape is, and keep it open.

2. Have one hand where the label comes out, and the other hand on the tape inside, preparing to guide it.

3. Guide the dymo tape using the hand that is inside the label maker, to the other hand where the tape comes out. Gently and slowly pushing it through works best.

4. Push the tape through so that it just touches a finger of the hand outside the label maker.

5. Press the letters to make your label.

6. Turn the dial of the labeller to the cutting cell, and squeeze the label maker securely with one hand,  while you gently pull out your label with your other hand.

I hope that I have explained this so it makes sense and helps.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 9:51 PM

Brian Sackrider

Hi Loy,

Michael Rodgerson

Brian, After you have made your label and you are getting ready to cut
it, open the back and hand rroll the tape out to the desired amount,
then take some scissors and cut the tape as close as you can to what
you've done. Now roll the left over tape back, close the back, and
now you have no wasted tape.