Ear buds for PC?

Marie Nelson

Using the over the head headphones gives me a headache if worn for any extended period. However, I have not yet found any ear buds which work well with my Windows PC. There always seems to be too much lag time with Bluetooth and it is annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I do a lot of Zoom calls which are best with headphones so, I don’t mind spending a bit of money if I can find some which work well.

Has anyone used the Bose Quiet Comfort buds with a PC?

Thanks for any input.

Marie

John Holcomb II

Which version of Bluetooth does your PC support?

That’s the first question  to ask.

Next, make sure you get headphones witch support the same version as your PC.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie Nelson
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 3:09 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Ear buds for PC?

Using the over the head headphones gives me a headache if worn for any extended period. However, I have not yet found any ear buds which work well with my Windows PC. There always seems to be too much lag time with Bluetooth and it is annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I do a lot of Zoom calls which are best with headphones so, I don’t mind spending a bit of money if I can find some which work well.

Thanks for any input.

Marie

Marie Nelson

PC will support BT 5.1

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 12:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Ear buds for PC?

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie Nelson

Thanks for any input.

Marie

John Holcomb II

Have the headphones you tried so support also support BT5.1?

John

Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 3:30 PM

PC will support BT 5.1

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II

John

Thanks for any input.

Marie

Marie Nelson

Some yes, some no.

Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 12:30 PM

John

PC will support BT 5.1

John

Thanks for any input.

Marie

Carolyn Arnold

I use a pair of old Apple ones with the 3.5 mm jack, just
love them, music sounds great!

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie Nelson

Using the over the head headphones gives me a headache if
worn for any extended period. However, I have not yet found
any ear buds which work well with my Windows PC. There
always seems to be too much lag time with Bluetooth and it
is annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I do a lot of Zoom calls
which are best with headphones so, I don't mind spending a
bit of money if I can find some which work well.

Thanks for any input.

Marie

John Holcomb II

And the ones you have tried are still horrible delayed w even when both the  PC and headphone are the same version?

John

Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 3:32 PM

Some yes, some no.

John

PC will support BT 5.1

John

Thanks for any input.

Marie

Marie Nelson

Not terrible but definitely noticeable.

Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 12:38 PM

And the ones you have tried are still horrible delayed w even when both the  PC and headphone are the same version?

John

Some yes, some no.

John

PC will support BT 5.1

John

Thanks for any input.

Marie

Curtis Delzer

One thing which is nice about the Bose Quiet Comfort products is that they (1) can connect to 2 blue tooth devices and (2) announce which they are currently paired with. I had the quiet comfort qc35 over the head phones, not ear buds but am making an assumption that the earbuds would do the same as the head phones. I sent them back because they are expensive, and I need a pair of phones which can do blue tooth and 1/8-inch audio input simultaneously. I had a pair but they literally broke. The quiet comfort can do 2 blue tooth devices but not simultaneous audio, nor can they do 1/8-inch audio input plus simultaneous blue tooth, and they provide a sort of external microphone which connects to a input jack for support and connection, turning the stereo headphones into mono ones for presumed mono production of your potential stereo computer which turned me off, though they worked fine with my iPhone.

People assume that your Skype or Zoom calls will be in mono, when in fact there are many potential exceptions to this; audio production of songs for a show in stereo? and you need to talk with it maybe in mono but you must hear in stereo, JAWS new mode for sending jfw to one channel and the audio from Zoom or Skype to the other, which negate the quiet comfort's necessity to be in mono for Zoom or Skype calls, etc.

So, as I said I did send them back.

I used the Tribit X-Free which sound very nice, but now Amazon is out of them, and I don't recommend their noise reduction models for it seems in no way can you simultaneously run blue tooth and 1/8-inch audio input whenever there is the noise reduction algorithm used in head phones.

BTW, for anyone interested, the very best noise reduction phones are Sony WH1000 XM4, (or 3) which are actually amazing. Soundcore are quite good for noise reduction as well, and for the price do sound about as good as very high quality audio-file type phones. Very little latency over blue tooth too, where the Sonys have a lag.

On 10/26/2021 12:09 PM, Marie Nelson wrote:

Thanks for any input.

Marie

-- 
Curtis Delzer
H.S.
K6VFO
curtis@...

Marie Nelson

This is some great info for thought. I am actually leaning toward the Anker Liberty Soundcore buds. Partly because of the multi point pairing. One nice thing about amazon, if you are not happy with a product, they make returns pretty simple. I am not a serious audiophile and plan to use these primarily with Zoom, they should do the trick.

Marie

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Delzer
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 3:21 PM

One thing which is nice about the Bose Quiet Comfort products is that they (1) can connect to 2 blue tooth devices and (2) announce which they are currently paired with. I had the quiet comfort qc35 over the head phones, not ear buds but am making an assumption that the earbuds would do the same as the head phones. I sent them back because they are expensive, and I need a pair of phones which can do blue tooth and 1/8-inch audio input simultaneously. I had a pair but they literally broke. The quiet comfort can do 2 blue tooth devices but not simultaneous audio, nor can they do 1/8-inch audio input plus simultaneous blue tooth, and they provide a sort of external microphone which connects to a input jack for support and connection, turning the stereo headphones into mono ones for presumed mono production of your potential stereo computer which turned me off, though they worked fine with my iPhone.

People assume that your Skype or Zoom calls will be in mono, when in fact there are many potential exceptions to this; audio production of songs for a show in stereo? and you need to talk with it maybe in mono but you must hear in stereo, JAWS new mode for sending jfw to one channel and the audio from Zoom or Skype to the other, which negate the quiet comfort's necessity to be in mono for Zoom or Skype calls, etc.

So, as I said I did send them back.

I used the Tribit X-Free which sound very nice, but now Amazon is out of them, and I don't recommend their noise reduction models for it seems in no way can you simultaneously run blue tooth and 1/8-inch audio input whenever there is the noise reduction algorithm used in head phones.

BTW, for anyone interested, the very best noise reduction phones are Sony WH1000 XM4, (or 3) which are actually amazing. Soundcore are quite good for noise reduction as well, and for the price do sound about as good as very high quality audio-file type phones. Very little latency over blue tooth too, where the Sonys have a lag.

On 10/26/2021 12:09 PM, Marie Nelson wrote:

Thanks for any input.

Marie

-- 
Curtis Delzer
H.S.
K6VFO
curtis@...

John Holcomb II

Welcome to Bluetooth .

Why do you think I hate I it and wont use it except for keyboards and the like.

John

Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:25 PM

John

Some yes, some no.

John

PC will support BT 5.1

John

Thanks for any input.

Marie

Thomas N. Chan

sorry to chime in.
I personally own a Sennheiser momentum 3 headphones, it supports the sony WH1000 XM4 and it's on the heavier side. ANC might not be their best but for the same price I pay here as compared to the Bose QC35 and sony, the build of the headphones is worth the value I paid for. All the three headphones all cost the same price here.
It does not have the huge latency when using it on my laptop and multi point pairing
I have some problems with it but the benefit and the quality are just, out of all of the bad side of things.

I don't like earphones to wear them for long duration, things which I need to push it in or get  certain sponge to get a closer or comfortable fit. The only problem about headphones are, it's really a personal  thing, and depends if you can get used to it, you prefer them or just have some problem wearing earphones and so on

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 05:36, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

Welcome to Bluetooth .

John

John

Some yes, some no.

John

PC will support BT 5.1

John

Thanks for any input.

Marie

John Holcomb II

The momentum are ok,

But the thing  is I’m used to the sound of planer headphones or higher end dynamic .

I still won’t use BT but then my  desktop PC which  I’m on the most does not have a Wi-Fi card or BT either.

I, on the other hand where headphones any time I I’m doing anything unless I’m on a phone call and have to do something with my hearing aids.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 7:45 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

sorry to chime in.

I personally own a Sennheiser momentum 3 headphones, it supports the sony WH1000 XM4 and it's on the heavier side. ANC might not be their best but for the same price I pay here as compared to the Bose QC35 and sony, the build of the headphones is worth the value I paid for. All the three headphones all cost the same price here.

It does not have the huge latency when using it on my laptop and multi point pairing

I have some problems with it but the benefit and the quality are just, out of all of the bad side of things.

I don't like earphones to wear them for long duration, things which I need to push it in or get  certain sponge to get a closer or comfortable fit. The only problem about headphones are, it's really a personal  thing, and depends if you can get used to it, you prefer them or just have some problem wearing earphones and so on

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

Welcome to Bluetooth .

John

John

Some yes, some no.

John

PC will support BT 5.1

John

Thanks for any input.

Marie

Thomas N. Chan

Well, you do can still use USB C to USB C or even the old 3.5 for the momentum. I am sure the sony xm4 does the same thing too.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 07:54, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

The momentum are ok,

But the thing  is I’m used to the sound of planer headphones or higher end dynamic .

I still won’t use BT but then my  desktop PC which  I’m on the most does not have a Wi-Fi card or BT either.

I, on the other hand where headphones any time I I’m doing anything unless I’m on a phone call and have to do something with my hearing aids.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 7:45 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

sorry to chime in.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

Welcome to Bluetooth .

John

John

Some yes, some no.

John

PC will support BT 5.1

John

Thanks for any input.

Marie