Echo or Show?

Carolyn Arnold

Soon, I will be moving, and at that time, I intend to get an Echo or a Show. I know that the advantage of a Show is that it can read instructions on food items. However, I am wondering if there is an advantage in the Echo over the Show?

Hi Carolyn,
Another advantage to the show is that it also supports the show and tell feature where you can hold up an item and ask it. What is this and it will scan the item for a label to tell you what it is. Also, you can do YouTube on the echo show where is on the echo you can’t. Feel free to contact me off the list for more explanation at the below email address.
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger

On Sep 16, 2022, at 12:37 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

Soon, I will be moving, and at that time, I intend to get an Echo or a Show. I know that the advantage of a Show is that it can read instructions on food items. However, I am wondering if there is an advantage in the Echo over the Show?

Carolyn Arnold

Thank you, Ashley. I'll save this, might have to ask you some questions, when we get it. That is going to be great!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashley Breger via groups.io
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2022 2:08 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Echo or Show?

Hi Carolyn,
Another advantage to the show is that it also supports the show and tell feature where you can hold up an item and ask it. What is this and it will scan the item for a label to tell you what it is. Also, you can do YouTube on the echo show where is on the echo you can’t. Feel free to contact me off the list for more explanation at the below email address.
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger

No problem! I’d be happy to assist you with setting it up over the phone if you would like.

Ashley Breger

On Sep 16, 2022, at 5:45 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

Thank you, Ashley. I'll save this, might have to ask you some questions, when we get it. That is going to be great!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashley Breger via groups.io

Hi Carolyn,
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#107664): https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main/message/107664
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/93727955/20763
-=-=-
If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

To view the list archives, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/topics

Note that the Wiki and list archives are public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password. The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+unsubscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web),send an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io

If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalkChat+subscribe@groups.io

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalkChat@groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+owner@TechTalk.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main/leave/44547/20763/742636766/xyzzy [ashbreger@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Carolyn Arnold

Ashley, if you could get only a Dot or only a Show, which would you choose?

Sent: Friday, September 16, 2022 8:29 PM

No problem! I’d be happy to assist you with setting it up over the phone if you would like.

Ashley Breger

Hi Carolyn,
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger

Andy

For a totally blind person, I see little advantage with the Show. I got one for my wife, who has vision, and i thought that I might like the show and tell feature, but to this date i haven't been able to get that feature to work.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 1:47 PM

Ashley Breger

Hi Carolyn,
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger

Personally, I would choose the echo show as it supports the show and tell feature that will identify products and objects. I have the echo show 15 and absolutely love it because of this feature. I am able to hold up an object in front of it and say Alexa what am I holding, and it will scan the object/whatever I am holding for text and identify what it is that I am holding. Either way I know how to set up both of these, so I would be able to assist you if needed. It should already come registered to your account so all you would need to do is link it to your Wi-Fi. I could also assist you in enabling some other features on the device that I find helpful.

Ashley Breger

On Sep 17, 2022, at 3:47 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

Ashley Breger

Hi Carolyn,
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#107671): https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main/message/107671
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/93727955/20763
-=-=-
If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

To view the list archives, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/topics

Note that the Wiki and list archives are public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password. The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+unsubscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web),send an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io

If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalkChat+subscribe@groups.io

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalkChat@groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+owner@TechTalk.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main/leave/44547/20763/742636766/xyzzy [ashbreger@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Effie Boyd

Hi Andy,

I have a friend that has the Show. She loves hers. She is totally blind and says it does a lot for her.

Effie

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 4:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

For a totally blind person, I see little advantage with the Show. I got one for my wife, who has vision, and i thought that I might like the show and tell feature, but to this date i haven't been able to get that feature to work.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 1:47 PM

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Ashley Breger via groups.io

No problem! I’d be happy to assist you with setting it up over the phone if
you would like.

Ashley Breger

On Sep 16, 2022, at 5:45 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>
wrote:

Thank you, Ashley. I'll save this, might have to ask you some questions,
when we get it. That is going to be great!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Ashley Breger via groups.io

Hi Carolyn,
Another advantage to the show is that it also supports the show and tell
feature where you can hold up an item and ask it. What is this and it will
scan the item for a label to tell you what it is. Also, you can do YouTube
on the echo show where is on the echo you can’t. Feel free to contact me
off the list for more explanation at the below email address.
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger

On Sep 16, 2022, at 12:37 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>
wrote:

Soon, I will be moving, and at that time, I intend to get an Echo or a
Show. I know that the advantage of a Show is that it can read instructions
on food items. However, I am wondering if there is an advantage in the
Echo over the Show?

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks. I am keeping your post. I might not be moved for a couple of months. When I do, we'll be nearer my son, and I will get one or the other.

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 5:58 PM

Personally, I would choose the echo show as it supports the show and tell feature that will identify products and objects. I have the echo show 15 and absolutely love it because of this feature. I am able to hold up an object in front of it and say Alexa what am I holding, and it will scan the object/whatever I am holding for text and identify what it is that I am holding. Either way I know how to set up both of these, so I would be able to assist you if needed. It should already come registered to your account so all you would need to do is link it to your Wi-Fi. I could also assist you in enabling some other features on the device that I find helpful.

Ashley Breger

On Sep 17, 2022, at 3:47 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

Ashley Breger

Hi Carolyn,
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks. That is all good to know.

Hi Carolyn,
ashbreger@...

Ashley Breger