Topics

Essential iPhone training - again

Donald L. Roberts

After resampling to a mono file at 32 K with subsequent reduction of the archive from 1.2.1 gigs to 124 megs, I took the liberty of uploading this to Sendspace for those who may have data caps or perhaps don’t like the idea of a four hour download if they don’t have a paid Sendspace account.  I hope this isn’t perceived as grandstanding.  Below is the download link:

Enjoy.

Don Roberts

TerriLynne Pomeroy <tl1@...>

When I downloaded the file from the link sent by Carlos, I got a .exe file. Is this correct?

MP  iPhone  and  iPadEssentialTrainingforISOAudioMPGBzip__15047_i1624187163_il2565304.exe

If this is the correct file, how do I use it?

TerriLynne

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 2:56 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Essential iPhone training - again

After resampling to a mono file at 32 K with subsequent reduction of the archive from 1.2.1 gigs to 124 megs, I took the liberty of uploading this to Sendspace for those who may have data caps or perhaps don’t like the idea of a four hour download if they don’t have a paid Sendspace account.  I hope this isn’t perceived as grandstanding.  Below is the download link:

Enjoy.

Don Roberts

Carlos

I would be careful TerriLynne.  Although I did not personally upload the file, it is supposed to be an MP3 file, not an executable.  Probably more third-party junkware from SendSpace.  Try downloading the file again and if necessary refresh the page with F5 which sometimes removes the advertisement and junkware.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Essential iPhone training - again

When I downloaded the file from the link sent by Carlos, I got a .exe file. Is this correct?

MP  iPhone  and  iPadEssentialTrainingforISOAudioMPGBzip__15047_i1624187163_il2565304.exe

TerriLynne

Enjoy.

Don Roberts

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi TerriLynn,

That does not sound correct.  I just downloaded these files again, & they came down as compressed / zipped files.  Below are the links for the Audio / Video files, Parts 1 & 2, & below those is the link for audio only.  Also, you can download the audio only with the download link Donald provided.

For audio & video:

P.1: 

iPhone and iPad Essential Training for ISO.8 [MP4] P1.zip (1.2 GB)

P.2: 

iPhone and iPad Essential Training for ISO.8 [MP4] P2.zip (1.2 GB)

For Audio Only:

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 6:23 AM

TerriLynne

Enjoy.

Don Roberts

Blaster <blaster@...>

I think that exe file was the sendspace excellerator.

You need to uncheck the box that says "download with sendspace excellerator and get recommended offers".

Blaster

Gene

At times, when you attempt to download a file from send Space, it downloads an exe file, which is the proprietary send space downloader for that file.  If that is what is going to be downloaded, the page will show different text around the download button or link or whatever it is these days.  You can solve this by refreshing the page with f5 in many cases and then downloading the file. 

There is another procedure you can use if f5 doesn't bring up the usual download page but I don't remember all the details. 

Gene

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 8:54 AM

Hi TerriLynn,

That does not sound correct.  I just downloaded these files again, & they came down as compressed / zipped files.  Below are the links for the Audio / Video files, Parts 1 & 2, & below those is the link for audio only.  Also, you can download the audio only with the download link Donald provided.

For audio & video:

P.1: 

P.2: 

For Audio Only:

Take care.
Mike

TerriLynne

Enjoy.

Don Roberts

Gene

I see that someone commented on the check box.  As I said, I didn't remember all the details but after you uncheck the checkbox, follow the button.  Go to the top of the page and type b to get to the button.  Following the button after you uncheck the check box will place you on the standard download page.

Gene

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 9:45 AM

At times, when you attempt to download a file from send Space, it downloads an exe file, which is the proprietary send space downloader for that file.  If that is what is going to be downloaded, the page will show different text around the download button or link or whatever it is these days.  You can solve this by refreshing the page with f5 in many cases and then downloading the file. 

There is another procedure you can use if f5 doesn't bring up the usual download page but I don't remember all the details. 

Gene
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 8:54 AM

Hi TerriLynn,

For audio & video:

P.1: 

P.2: 

For Audio Only:

Take care.
Mike

TerriLynne

Enjoy.

Don Roberts

TerriLynne Pomeroy <tl1@...>

Hi Mike,

That worked! Thanks much!

TerriLynne

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 7:54 AM

Hi TerriLynn,

For audio & video:

P.1: 

P.2: 

For Audio Only:

Take care.
Mike

TerriLynne

Enjoy.

Don Roberts