From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: November 26, 2022 4:51 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] exercise bike recommendations needed please

Hi all,

I joined a workout studio a few years ago that had exercise bikes with
different programs, one program was simulating pedaling up and down
hills and that's the one I always used but there were likely others.
Does anybody know of anything like this for home use?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Troy

Hello,
I have an exercise bike that sounds similar to what you used to work out on. An additional benefit to mine is that you are able to hook your iPhone or other device to it via EUSB cable to play music while you work out. I’m not sure of the brand but if I recall correctly I got it from Costco. Feel free to contact me off the list for more information at the below email address:
ashbreger@....

Ashley Breger

On Nov 26, 2022, at 4:50 PM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I joined a workout studio a few years ago that had exercise bikes with different programs, one program was simulating pedaling up and down hills and that's the one I always used but there were likely others. Does anybody know of anything like this for home use?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Thanks Mitch, I have a feeling that Pelletin is out of my price range because I just heard an ad on tv where they're offering $600 off. Now that's probably more than just the bike but still.

Troy

On 11/26/2022 3:57 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:
Hi I know of the pellaton bikes but I am not shure how accessible they are and if the app works with voice over. From Mich.

I joined a workout studio a few years ago that had exercise bikes with
different programs, one program was simulating pedaling up and down
hills and that's the one I always used but there were likely others.
Does anybody know of anything like this for home use?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Troy

Jude DaShiell

WalMart has a model of exercise bike with a fan on the back. When you
pedal the bike you also work the fan. Costs a little over $100 and hasn't
got any extra services or accessibility with regard to its information.
To compensate, have a timer running and if possible get a heart rate
monitor. speaktomecatalog.com had one of these monitors a few years ago
and wear it on your chest and have ear plugs in your ears. Once you set
it up if you get over your target heart rate you'll be told to slow down
or stop.
I have an old eliptical with perfectly working mechanicals and no
electronics working. I do 4 sets of 30 revolutions of the wheel with
about 15 second pauses between sets and that's enough for me for a couple
days. So far I've been doing that every two days. So you may want to
count revolutions as you use the bike and if sighted assistance is
available when you know the number of revolutions you pedaled the first
time you used the bike they can let you know how far you went in terms of
miles. That way you can figure number of revolutions gets you amount of
distance and work from there.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.