Exercise equipment and safety

Walter Ramage

Hi folks.  To cut a long story short I need to know if anybody on the list uses either home or gym exercise equipment with an implanted pacemaker.  I need to buy a new piece of exercise equipment but the norm now is magnetic resistance and I don’t know if it is safe to use that equipment, either gym equipment or home exercise equipment that has magnetic resistance with a pacemaker.  I called the medical physiologist at my local hospital cardiology department but she said she didn't know.  I'm trying to get in touch with the company who makes my pacemaker but so far they haven't responded.  So, if you or anybody you know has a pace maker and uses exercise  equipment with magnetic resistance ,can you let me know your experience and if there is any interference with your device.  With thanks. Walter.