Give these steps from Gene a try:
From: Gene

To export the Outlook Express address book as a comma separated values text file do the following:
Each step starts on a new line.

Open the address book with the command control shift b.

Open the file menu and down arrow to export.

Press enter.

You are in a list of format choices.  Down arrow to other address book and press enter.

A dialog will open and you are placed in a list.

Down arrow to text file comma separated values.

Press enter.

A new dialog opens and you are in an edit field. The edit field is

announced as save exported file as.  To keep things simple, type the following:
c:\addressbook.csv

and press enter.  Look at the syntax character by character if you have punctuation off in
your screen-reader.
Another dialog comes up with a lot of choices for fields that will be included or not included.  You may have to make changes but you probably
won't.  You may look at this part of the dialog if you wish.  Or you can just press enter again to export the addressbook.

After you press enter, there will be a short pause, after which you will receive a message that the export is complete.  You are on an ok button.
Activate it, then press escape a few times to close the dialogs.  The
addressbook is still opened and you will probably want to close it.

If you have questions about the part of the procedure where you can make
changes in the dialog to cause items to be exported or not exported, let
us know.
The file will now be on your c drive, directly on the drive, not in any
folder.  Move it wherever you wish.

Gene

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 2:50 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] exporting file

I have been trying to export my address book from my old computer to my new computer. On my old computer I am using windows 7, outlook express 6.0, and jaws 2019. When I try to export my addressbook in outlook express using the csv format I keep coming up with a empty file. I would like to get my very large address book with over 400 entries in it from Outlook Express in my old computer and be able to import it into Outlook on my windows 10 computer. Can anybody please help me to find a solution to this problem.

Jerry

Gene

I haven’t done this in Outlook express for a long time.  When you work your way through the wizard, my recollection is that partway through, there is a dialog where you tab around and check the check boxes for the fields you want exported.  From what you are saying, perhaps they are all unchecked by default and the result is an empty folder.

Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 4:50 PM

I have been trying to export my address book from my old computer to my new computer. On my old computer I am using windows 7, outlook express 6.0, and jaws 2019. When I try to export my addressbook in outlook express using the csv format I keep coming up with a empty file. I would like to get my very large address book with over 400 entries in it from Outlook Express in my old computer and be able to import it into Outlook on my windows 10 computer. Can anybody please help me to find a solution to this problem.

Jerry

Gene

I see that, according to my steps provided by Mike, you probably don’t have to change the dialog I discussed in my first message.  That’s interesting.  I don’t know why you get an empty folder.  If the instructions I wrote when I was working with Outlook Express don’t work, wecan discuss the problem further.

Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 2:50 PM