extra files off my knew hard drive

heather albright

Hello, can I safely delete these files that came on my Seagate drive? I do not plan on using their back up program. I am assuming that is what the files are for. The only file I thought to keep was the warranty pdf file.

Start_Here_Mac.app

.VolumeIcon.icns

Start_Here_Win.exe

.VolumeIcon.ico

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike B.

Personally I delete everything except for the warranty info.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 5:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] extra files off my knew hard drive

Hello, can I safely delete these files that came on my Seagate drive? I do not plan on using their back up program. I am assuming that is what the files are for. The only file I thought to keep was the warranty pdf file.

Start_Here_Mac.app

.VolumeIcon.icns

Start_Here_Win.exe

.VolumeIcon.ico

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

heather albright

Okay, just checking. Cheers Heather

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 5:48 PM

Hello, can I safely delete these files that came on my Seagate drive? I do not plan on using their back up program. I am assuming that is what the files are for. The only file I thought to keep was the warranty pdf file.

Start_Here_Mac.app

.VolumeIcon.icns

Start_Here_Win.exe

.VolumeIcon.ico

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Since you probably have terabytes of space on that drive, just leave 'em. They aren't takin' up too much space.

Ann P.

Hello, can I safely delete these files that came on my Seagate drive? I do not plan on using their back up program. I am assuming that is what the files are for. The only file I thought to keep was the warranty pdf file.
Start_Here_Mac.app
.VolumeIcon.icns
Start_Here_Win.exe
.VolumeIcon.ico
Thanks Heather
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

these files are very small.  while there may be no reason to keep them, they take up such a small amount of room that I don’t think it matters if you leave them or not.  Since I don’t think deleting them would cause any harm, but since I don’t have enough knowledge on the subject of just what they do to be sure and since the use of space is miniscule, I would leave them on.

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 7:03 AM

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring