Topics

facebook changed

andrew edgcumbe

Hi hope this email finds you well.

Has facebook changed their lay out or something as something seems
different these days.
I been going to the m.facebook.com page through internet explorer but
anyway in the last week or so I have noticed that the things have
changed the layout or something has seemed different that is. Has
facebook changed or has internet explorer changed if that can't work
anymore to go through internet explorer what brouser should I use
facebook through. just that the page seems different.

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Yes, FaceBook has changed. Try going to:

mbasic.facebook.com

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

lynn white

Anne, thanks for this. Now it's acting like mobile Facebook did before.

On 10/25/2020 4:41 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, FaceBook has changed.  Try going to:

mbasic.facebook.com

Ann P.

Byron Stephens

I can varify that going to the mbasic.facebook.com link that it does load the classic site.

Yes, FaceBook has changed. Try going to:

mbasic.facebook.com

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Kimsan

How much longer until this website is messed up lol.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Anne, thanks for this. Now it's acting like mobile Facebook did before.

On 10/25/2020 4:41 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, FaceBook has changed. Try going to:

mbasic.facebook.com

Ann P.

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

Since we are on the topic of Facebook, I have a question and it's not about the site.  I sometimes use Facebook on my iPhone SE 2020 second generation.  I have never had a problem with the app before but when I wanted to check in somewhere, voice over wouldn't read the surrounding places to me.  All it would do is keep saying button whenever I would swipe to the right.  You could also type in your search and it would come up but I have never had this happen before.  Whenever I press check in, the places are listed where you are near and I could tap on one but this time, it doesn't do anything but say button.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  I wish they would leave things alone.  Thanks in advance.

Shelly

On 10/25/2020 3:52 PM, lynn white wrote:
Anne, thanks for this. Now it's acting like mobile Facebook did before.

On 10/25/2020 4:41 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, FaceBook has changed.  Try going to:

mbasic.facebook.com

Ann P.

.

Josh Kennedy

first, you should you should not be using Internet explorer. It is old, it will never be updated, and it is no longer secure. Try switching to Google Chrome or Firefox. They will work a lot better.

Josh Kennedy

also try updating to IOS14.1 and using voiceover recognition.

Ann Parsons

Josh, MSIE does still work, it is indeed legacy software now, but that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. People have heard so many people advising them to switch browsers that instead of being helpful, you're just adding to the noise which they are probably ignoring at best and deleting while screaming explitives at worse. They will change to FF or Chrome when they make the decision to do so. Nagging at them will not help.

You can still access:

http://mbasic.facebook.com

with it.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

<grrrr> That's a parochial statement. The original poster may not have a smart phone. If he does, he may have an android phone so that urging him to upgrade to IOS14 is counterproductive.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

While Internet Explorer shouldn't be generally used except in possibly rare cases where it may work on a specific site better than other browsers, still, the main Facebook site has changed and is the subject of ire not just among blind people but among a lot of infuriated sighted users. We'll see if Facebook backs down at all.
https://www.searchenginejournal.com/facebook-design-hated/378881/