Topics

Facebook live stream problem

Loy

When I watch a live video on Facebook, it will stop and start with pauses , but if I watch it as a repeat it plays fine. Could this be a problem on my end or the broadcaster end or something in between. I have a fast windows 10 Pro computer, 8 meg memory.

Gene

I'm not sure if anyone can say without more information. What sorts
of download speeds are you getting in general? Streaming doesn't
require a fast computer or a lot of memory and you have much more than
is necessary. My guess is that the stream is playing well the second
time because either some sort of caching is going on, information is
being temporarily saved from the first stream, or the file is being
temporarily saved on your computer.

It is important to know your general download speed in trying to
figure out the problem.

Gene

On 3/27/20, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
When I watch a live video on Facebook, it will stop and start with pauses ,
but if I watch it as a repeat it plays fine. Could this be a problem on my
end or the broadcaster end or something in between. I have a fast windows 10
Pro computer, 8 meg memory.

Loy

I did a speed test and the speed was 7.31. After the live broadcast it is posted on Facebook as a was live and that is what plays with no problem. This is my church broadcast and

[...]

Smiling?

I believe you meant 8Gigs below regarding your memory and the stopping and starting may be due to WiFi? Are you using WiFi? Or is your machine hardwired?

It wouldn’t play fine though using repeat for these reasons if they were actually causing the issue which it does not seem so based on that fact.

I guess use the repeat option until it gets figured/solved.

When I watch a live video on Facebook, it will stop and start with pauses , but if I watch it as a repeat it plays fine. Could this be a problem on my end or the broadcaster end or something in between. I have a fast windows 10 Pro computer, 8 meg memory.

Gene

Are you saying that streams in general from Youtube haved the pausing problem or that only certain ones do?

I did a speed test and the speed was 7.31. After the live broadcast it is
posted on Facebook as a was live and that is what plays with no problem.
This is my church broadcast and
> I'm not sure if anyone can say without more information.  What sorts
> of download speeds are you getting in general?  Streaming doesn't
> require a fast computer or a lot of memory and you have much more than
> is necessary.  My guess is that the stream is playing well the second
> time because either some sort of caching is going on, information is
> being temporarily saved from the first stream, or the file is being
> temporarily saved on your computer.
>
> It is important to know your general download speed in trying to
> figure out the problem.
>
> Gene
>
> On 3/27/20, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
>> When I watch a live video on Facebook, it will stop and start with pauses
>> ,
>> but if I watch it as a repeat it plays fine. Could this be a problem on
>> my
>> end or the broadcaster end or something in between. I have a fast windows
>> 10
>> Pro computer, 8 meg memory.

Loy

The only ones I have problem with ar the live videos. YouTube and archived videos, I have no problem.

Loy

My computer is connected to WiFi. Maybe I will connect with cable next time and see if that makes a difference. I did mean 8 GB, I do remember when 8 meg was a lot of memory.