From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2020 5:58 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] favorites and Brave Browser Help Please.

Hi Everyone,
Can someone please tell me how I can add a web page to favorites using Brave as my Browser? Also using Windows 7.
When I was using IE as my Browser, all I had to do to add a web page to favorites was press the alt key, and the add to favorites option was there, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Brave.

Thank you all in advance.
Janet
Peace Be With You.

There is no way to add to Favorites, as implemented by Internet Explorer, in any other browser, including new Edge.

Other than IE, virtually all other browsers went to bookmarks that are maintained in that browser, and that browser alone.

Emile is correct that CTRL+D will add a given page to Bookmarks, but it will not add it to the external Favorites file that IE used to use.

Which is another reason that bookmarks should be backed up just as you would any important file or file you don't want to lose. Browsers, including Internet Explorer, have procedures for backing up favorites or book marks so that they may be saved and restored from.

There is no way to add to Favorites, as implemented by Internet Explorer, in any other browser, including new Edge.

Other than IE, virtually all other browsers went to bookmarks that are maintained in that browser, and that browser alone.

Emile is correct that CTRL+D will add a given page to Bookmarks, but it will not add it to the external Favorites file that IE used to use.

heather albright

I still use the favorites folder and use brave browser too. So if you want to keep the favorites in an easy to access folder, not one of those hidden folders woe. So go to the site you want to add say www.nfb.org.

So  hit the alt key and arrow up to more tools and hit inter or arrow right to create short cut, it will be arrow right and arrow down to this option. Hit inter, you can change the title or keep the one it has. Tab to create short cut. It will be placed on the desktop and you can move it to the favorites folder so if you already have favorites from explorer, they will be in the same place. I am running windows10, not sure if windows7 puts the favorite on the desktop, assume it does. I have had machines running classic shell in windows10, classic shell makes look like windows7 and this option always places the favorite on the desktop. I like this option from the importing favorites from explorer which just created favorites I already had and found that just creating a favorite and placing them in the favorites folder, keeps my favorites list clean. So if I need to switch browsers, all my favorites are always there. I do not have to worry that I have favorites saved in fire fox, chrome or even edge or brave. So if you have to redo the web browser, erasing info and starting over, you do not lose favorites! If you are moving to a different machine all you have to do is copy that favorites folder, no importing and exporting.

Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Can someone please tell me how I can add a web page to favorites using Brave as my Browser? Also using Windows 7.

When I was using IE as my Browser, all I had to do to add a web page to favorites was press the alt key, and the add to favorites option was there, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Brave.

Thank you all in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Hi Heather and All,

Thank you so much for this information.  So, when I am on a web page I want to create a short cut to, what I do is press the alt key, down arrow about 18 times until I hear the more tools option, arrow right, and down arrow a few more times, until I hear copy short cut, I press enter, and I then tab until I hear create, I then press enter, and this places the web page short cut on my desk top, and I created a favorite folder on the desk top, and I then paste the web page short cut in to the favorites folder.  This is fine.  Can someone please tell me if I or how can I copy all the short cuts to web pages from the favorites I had when I used IE? I checked and I couldn’t see any options of moving or copying those web short cuts from IE.

Thank you all so much.

Janet

Can someone please tell me how I can add a web page to favorites using Brave as my Browser? Also using Windows 7.

When I was using IE as my Browser, all I had to do to add a web page to favorites was press the alt key, and the add to favorites option was there, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Brave.

Thank you all in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

heather albright

If you’re talking about the favorites from IE, they should be in the windows favorites folder. So if you go to your favorites folder, all the favorites should already be there. But the brave favorites or book marks, will not go to that folder even though, brave will go to these links if you click on a favorite and brave is the default browser. So you have to manually create the favorites and place them in the favorites folder if you want to maintain the favorites folder. So if you want the favorites in your folder to be put in brave, it will use IE to get the favorites and they will be placed in the favorites in the browser. But you still have to manually put any knew favorite in the favorites folder. And it will continue to say favorites from Internet explorer. But that got kind of annoying so I decided to just keep the favorites folder not in the browser. These favorites will work with any browser and they do not have to be saved in the browser. It was kind of annoying to switch your browser and you did not have that favorite saved in that browser. So for me, keeping a favorites folder not tied to any browser, was the ticket.

If you want easy access to the favorites folder, you can always create a shortcut to your desktop.

Cheers Heather

[...]

Smiling?

Going to your Favorites folder and just simply copy and paste your various Favorites into your new Favorites folder you’ve created upon your desktop.