File explorer: deleting files.

John Holcomb II

Using Windows 10.

How do I delete files?

I can get to the drive and folder I want and select stuff. But when I hit the delete key, JAWS just says details button and with NVDA and Narrator I can tell that there are two files selected.

I’m lost on this.

It seems to me that file explore is much different that Windows  explorer in older versions of Window’s.

Thanks,

John

Lisa Belville

You should be able to press insert Plus the letter B as in Bravo and JAWS will read you that dialog.� It usually means there are files Windows thinks are important, but usually are not.� When I get this Dialog, it's usually a JPEG like a book or album cover that's been copied into a folder that Windows calls a system file even though I don't think pictures/images are system files.� I just press alt plus Y and move on.

I=Otherwise, Explorer isn't that different from earlier versions of Windows.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 11/25/2021 3:10 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:

Using Windows 10.

How do I delete files?

I can get to the drive and folder I want and select stuff. But when I hit the delete key, JAWS just says details button and with NVDA and Narrator I can tell that there are two files selected.

I�m lost on this.

It seems to me that file explore is much different that Windows �explorer in older versions of Window�s.

Thanks,

John

�