Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 1:38 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook.  I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite.  I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link.  Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Thom Spittle

If you are dialing in, you do not need a passcode.

On Jul 23, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I don’t know if a Zoom invitation can contain only a phone number.  If you read it and you don’t see things clearly stated such as ID and then the code and then on another line password followed by the code, then it appears you don’t have such information.

Usually, before the information you are asking about, you get a link containing all the information you need.  If you follow that link, your default browser will open and you can launch zoom from the page that opens and be taken to the meeting.  You may do whichever you want, but that is a more convenient way, requiring less writing.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 1:38 PM

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook.  I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite.  I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link.  Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Unfortunately that is not always the case.  I think it depends on how the meeting is set up, and some meetings I join require one.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 1:38 PM

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook.  I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite.  I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link.  Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Carolyn Arnold

I have to enter a pass code on Zoom for our church. I have four different numbers and codes, according to what it is that I am calling.

[...]

chris judge

The passcode will be embedded within the link, but it should also appear as a six digit number directly below the link in the invite.

Chris Judge

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 1:38 PM

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook.  I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite.  I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link.  Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Carolyn Arnold

My church Zoom requires ten numbers for the passcode. I have them in my iPhone, with comma separation from the call-in number.

<https://www.freedomscientific.com/Training/Certification>

[...]

When I press enter on an invite and tab to where the link is, I do not find anything below the link, and our company is making passwords mandatory for meetings now, so there should be one.

I know the meeting id is in the link, and after the id it says “pwd=…” followed by a bunch of letters and numbers, but it isn’t the recognizable 6-digit password.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 1:38 PM

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook.  I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite.  I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link.  Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

John Holcomb II

Cama separation? What are you talking about ?
John