Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook.  I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite.  I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link.  Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Gene

I don’t know if a Zoom invitation can contain only a phone number.  If you read it and you don’t see things clearly stated such as ID and then the code and then on another line password followed by the code, then it appears you don’t have such information.

Usually, before the information you are asking about, you get a link containing all the information you need.  If you follow that link, your default browser will open and you can launch zoom from the page that opens and be taken to the meeting.  You may do whichever you want, but that is a more convenient way, requiring less writing.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 1:38 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook.  I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite.  I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link.  Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Thom Spittle

If you are dialing in, you do not need a passcode.

On Jul 23, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I don’t know if a Zoom invitation can contain only a phone number.  If you read it and you don’t see things clearly stated such as ID and then the code and then on another line password followed by the code, then it appears you don’t have such information.

Usually, before the information you are asking about, you get a link containing all the information you need.  If you follow that link, your default browser will open and you can launch zoom from the page that opens and be taken to the meeting.  You may do whichever you want, but that is a more convenient way, requiring less writing.

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Unfortunately that is not always the case.  I think it depends on how the meeting is set up, and some meetings I join require one.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Thom Spittle via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 2:58 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

On Jul 23, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Carolyn Arnold

I have to enter a pass code on Zoom for our church. I have four different numbers and codes, according to what it is that I am calling.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Thom Spittle
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 2:58 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

On Jul 23, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

I don’t know if a Zoom invitation can contain only a phone number. If you read it and you don’t see things clearly stated such as ID and then the code and then on another line password followed by the code, then it appears you don’t have such information.

Usually, before the information you are asking about, you get a link containing all the information you need. If you follow that link, your default browser will open and you can launch zoom from the page that opens and be taken to the meeting. You may do whichever you want, but that is a more convenient way, requiring less writing.

Gene
From: Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <mailto:pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@disney.com>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook. I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite. I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link. Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

chris judge

The passcode will be embedded within the link, but it should also appear as a six digit number directly below the link in the invite.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: July 23, 2021 3:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Carolyn Arnold

My church Zoom requires ten numbers for the passcode. I have them in my iPhone, with comma separation from the call-in number.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:19 AM

The passcode will be embedded within the link, but it should also appear as a six digit number directly below the link in the invite.

Chris Judge

<https://www.freedomscientific.com/Training/Certification>

I don’t know if a Zoom invitation can contain only a phone number. If you read it and you don’t see things clearly stated such as ID and then the code and then on another line password followed by the code, then it appears you don’t have such information.

Usually, before the information you are asking about, you get a link containing all the information you need. If you follow that link, your default browser will open and you can launch zoom from the page that opens and be taken to the meeting. You may do whichever you want, but that is a more convenient way, requiring less writing.

Gene

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook. I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite. I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link. Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

When I press enter on an invite and tab to where the link is, I do not find anything below the link, and our company is making passwords mandatory for meetings now, so there should be one.

I know the meeting id is in the link, and after the id it says “pwd=…” followed by a bunch of letters and numbers, but it isn’t the recognizable 6-digit password.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge via groups.io

Chris Judge

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

John Holcomb II

Cama separation? What are you talking about ?
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 10:15 AM

My church Zoom requires ten numbers for the passcode. I have them in my iPhone, with comma separation from the call-in number.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge

Chris Judge

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Carolyn Arnold

When you put in a number in a smart phone, and that number is going to have to have extension, bank account number, whatever, that might need to be entered, put in a comma, Shift+7, and then enter the other numbers that are required in order for you to reach your telephone destination.

So, when you call, go to Contacts, enter on the contact, double-tap on number to call - VOILA, it dials number, passcode and all. I also put in a comma and then pound, because if calling in, you have to press pound after you reach your Zoom number.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 12:09 PM

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold

Chris Judge

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Gene

But what happens if you follow the link?  I haven’t seen invitations with just a link and not the ID and password below it but as I asked, when you press enter on the link what happens?

Gene

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 10:53 AM

When I press enter on an invite and tab to where the link is, I do not find anything below the link, and our company is making passwords mandatory for meetings now, so there should be one.

I know the meeting id is in the link, and after the id it says “pwd=…” followed by a bunch of letters and numbers, but it isn’t the recognizable 6-digit password.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge via groups.io

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

When I hit enter to open the invite, then tab, I go to Organizer, then Time, then Location.  The Location has the link for the meeting with nothing below that.  If I hit enter on that, I get the options to accept or decline the meeting.

I am asking this question because there are some situations where I cannot join directly from the link, but want to dial in only, so I need to know what the password is.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 1:39 PM

But what happens if you follow the link?  I haven’t seen invitations with just a link and not the ID and password below it but as I asked, when you press enter on the link what happens?

Gene

Chris Judge

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Gene

You can have a separate password for the phone login and the Internet login.  I don’t know if the ID and passwored for the Internet login is ever the same as the phone log in.. 

Some invitations don’t have information for logging in by phone,  Even if the ID and password are all numbers, I don’t know if they will work by phone.  I receive one invitation that has nothing but Internet login information.  I receive an invitation to another meeting that has both information for the internet login below the link and then farther down, information for logging in by phone.  I haven’t checked to see if the information is the same because I log in using the Internet.

But there are two separate issues.  first, are you even getting an invitation to a meeting you can log in by phone for and second, how are you moving through the invitation?

If you are tabbing, you will miss almost all the information in the message.  the information you are looking for regarding Internet login and phone login is not a link.  It is nonlink text and will be completely skipped if you tab. 

I’m not sure if you have done this but read the e-mail as though you were reading any e-mail, that is, read to end or down arrow and see what you find.

Those who use Zoom more than I do and in both ways may be able to discuss the matter further.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 1:49 PM

When I hit enter to open the invite, then tab, I go to Organizer, then Time, then Location.  The Location has the link for the meeting with nothing below that.  If I hit enter on that, I get the options to accept or decline the meeting.

I am asking this question because there are some situations where I cannot join directly from the link, but want to dial in only, so I need to know what the password is.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene via groups.io

Gene

Chris Judge

Image removed by sender. JAWS Certified, 2021

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

When I open the invitation, I land on the field that says Organizer, and I hear the name of the organizer.  I can’t down arrow or use read to end and get any more information.  That is why I was tabbing to get to the meeting time, the location, etc.

I have several meetings where they do include information for dialing in with a smart phone, which uses the commas to separate the dial-in number, meeting id and password, but there are some  which don’t provide that information.  For those, I can always find the meeting id embedded in the link, but cannot find the password.

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 3:30 PM

You can have a separate password for the phone login and the Internet login.  I don’t know if the ID and passwored for the Internet login is ever the same as the phone log in.. 

Some invitations don’t have information for logging in by phone,  Even if the ID and password are all numbers, I don’t know if they will work by phone.  I receive one invitation that has nothing but Internet login information.  I receive an invitation to another meeting that has both information for the internet login below the link and then farther down, information for logging in by phone.  I haven’t checked to see if the information is the same because I log in using the Internet.

But there are two separate issues.  first, are you even getting an invitation to a meeting you can log in by phone for and second, how are you moving through the invitation?

If you are tabbing, you will miss almost all the information in the message.  the information you are looking for regarding Internet login and phone login is not a link.  It is nonlink text and will be completely skipped if you tab. 

I’m not sure if you have done this but read the e-mail as though you were reading any e-mail, that is, read to end or down arrow and see what you find.

Those who use Zoom more than I do and in both ways may be able to discuss the matter further.

Gene

Gene

Chris Judge

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Gene

I can’t tell if you are getting notifications by e-mail, which I do or in another way.  I don’t know if other ways are used by Zoom.  You should be able to move if you are getting an e-mail from Zoom but perhaps you are being notified in some other way.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 2:59 PM

When I open the invitation, I land on the field that says Organizer, and I hear the name of the organizer.  I can’t down arrow or use read to end and get any more information.  That is why I was tabbing to get to the meeting time, the location, etc.

I have several meetings where they do include information for dialing in with a smart phone, which uses the commas to separate the dial-in number, meeting id and password, but there are some  which don’t provide that information.  For those, I can always find the meeting id embedded in the link, but cannot find the password.

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 3:30 PM

Gene

Gene

Chris Judge

Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. JAWS Certified, 2021

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

John Holcomb II

I'm still confused. Shift+7?
John

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 12:31 PM

When you put in a number in a smart phone, and that number is going to have to have extension, bank account number, whatever, that might need to be entered, put in a comma, Shift+7, and then enter the other numbers that are required in order for you to reach your telephone destination.

So, when you call, go to Contacts, enter on the contact, double-tap on number to call - VOILA, it dials number, passcode and all. I also put in a comma and then pound, because if calling in, you have to press pound after you reach your Zoom number.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II

John

Chris Judge

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Carolyn Arnold

Shift 7 is comma on an iPhone keypad.

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 6:57 PM

John

John

Chris Judge

Gene

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Mike B.

I think she means that on the smart phone keyboard the, shift + 7, types the comma.  An example is below.
PRAMIT BHARGAVA
There are two ways to automate dialing of an extension or meeting code, using an iphone.
What they need to do it add the main phone under contacts and then tap the Symbols button and do any of the following: 
1. Tap Pause to enter a two-second pause (a two-second pause is represented as a comma in the phone number).
2. Tap Wait to stop dialing until you tap Dial again (wait-to-dial is represented as a semicolon in the phone number).

The best and the easiest that works for online meetings would be using three commas.
Format should be "Main phone number three commas and meeting code" without any spaces.
Hope this helps
Pramit

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 3:56 PM

John

John

Chris Judge

Gene

From: Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <mailto:pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@...>

All,

Thanks,

Pam

Allen West

The way I get three commas is by putting my iPhone in touch typing
mode. Then I one finger swipe to the star key and do a double tap and
hold. You will hear it say comma comma comma. After the third comma
lift your finger. Now type the access code.

Allen

On 7/24/21, Mike B. <mb69mach1@fastmail.com> wrote:
I think she means that on the smart phone keyboard the, shift + 7, types the

comma. An example is below.
PRAMIT BHARGAVA
There are two ways to automate dialing of an extension or meeting code,
using an iphone.
What they need to do it add the main phone under contacts and then tap the
Symbols button and do any of the following:
1. Tap Pause to enter a two-second pause (a two-second pause is represented

as a comma in the phone number).
2. Tap Wait to stop dialing until you tap Dial again (wait-to-dial is
represented as a semicolon in the phone number).

The best and the easiest that works for online meetings would be using three

commas.
Format should be "Main phone number three commas and meeting code" without
any spaces.
Hope this helps
Pramit

Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn

Arnold

When you put in a number in a smart phone, and that number is going to have

to have extension, bank account number, whatever, that might need to be
entered, put in a comma, Shift+7, and then enter the other numbers that are

required in order for you to reach your telephone destination.

So, when you call, go to Contacts, enter on the contact, double-tap on
number to call - VOILA, it dials number, passcode and all. I also put in a
comma and then pound, because if calling in, you have to press pound after
you reach your Zoom number.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of

John Holcomb II

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn

Arnold

My church Zoom requires ten numbers for the passcode. I have them in my
iPhone, with comma separation from the call-in number.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of

chris judge

The passcode will be embedded within the link, but it should also appear as

a six digit number directly below the link in the invite.

Chris Judge

I don’t know if a Zoom invitation can contain only a phone number. If you
read it and you don’t see things clearly stated such as ID and then the code

and then on another line password followed by the code, then it appears you

don’t have such information.

Usually, before the information you are asking about, you get a link
containing all the information you need. If you follow that link, your
default browser will open and you can launch zoom from the page that opens
and be taken to the meeting. You may do whichever you want, but that is a
more convenient way, requiring less writing.

Gene

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook. I am trying to find the passcode for a
Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite. I am dialing in by

phone only, and not activating the Zoom link. Can anyone tell me if it is
somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

John Holcomb II

How about android?

Thanks,

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:26 PM

I think she means that on the smart phone keyboard the, shift + 7, types the comma.  An example is below.

PRAMIT BHARGAVA
There are two ways to automate dialing of an extension or meeting code, using an iphone.
What they need to do it add the main phone under contacts and then tap the Symbols button and do any of the following: 
1. Tap Pause to enter a two-second pause (a two-second pause is represented as a comma in the phone number).
2. Tap Wait to stop dialing until you tap Dial again (wait-to-dial is represented as a semicolon in the phone number).

The best and the easiest that works for online meetings would be using three commas.
Format should be "Main phone number three commas and meeting code" without any spaces.
Hope this helps
Pramit

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

John

John

Chris Judge

Gene

From: Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <mailto:pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@...>

All,

Thanks,

Pam