Fire TV Extinguished


Steve Matzura
 

It appears my three-year-old Amazon (Toshiba) Fire TV has, for lack of a better phrase, lost its fire. It will no longer connect or even find a local Wi-Fi network despite repeated reboots, resets and restarts. All the inputs still work, but without VoiceView, its not possible for me as a non-seeing person to get past the startup nonsense telling me about what it can't do and on to the things it still can do, so I think, unless someone comes up with a miracle cure, it's time for a replacement. Amazon doesn't deal with this product any more, so I'm obviously on the hunt for a suitable replacement. Is it possible to get this device from another reseller? I called BestBuy and they avow no knowledge of such. While it was working, the TV performed well and was easy to set up and operate, so I'd get another one in a heartbeat if I could. But if someone has a better recommendation, I'm not averse to hearing that either.


Thanks in advance.


Oh, P.S., I sent essentially this same message to the accessible Amazon products list and got no response whatsoever. Is this product gone from the earth? Too bad if that's so.


gbmagoo@...
 

Go to the t v's web site they are really good.

Also get a sited person. Sometimes the mute gets turned on and you need help to find the root of mute in settings to turn it off.

Hth

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 10:12
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Fire TV Extinguished

It appears my three-year-old Amazon (Toshiba) Fire TV has, for lack of a better phrase, lost its fire. It will no longer connect or even find a local Wi-Fi network despite repeated reboots, resets and restarts. All the inputs still work, but without VoiceView, its not possible for me as a non-seeing person to get past the startup nonsense telling me about what it can't do and on to the things it still can do, so I think, unless someone comes up with a miracle cure, it's time for a replacement. Amazon doesn't deal with this product any more, so I'm obviously on the hunt for a suitable replacement. Is it possible to get this device from another reseller? I called BestBuy and they avow no knowledge of such. While it was working, the TV performed well and was easy to set up and operate, so I'd get another one in a heartbeat if I could. But if someone has a better recommendation, I'm not averse to hearing that either.


Thanks in advance.


Oh, P.S., I sent essentially this same message to the accessible Amazon products list and got no response whatsoever. Is this product gone from the earth? Too bad if that's so.


William Vandervest
 

Try this link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0872FYTWS/?coliid=IC93S2MT9NPAJ&colid=2GIA7EX3YJYYK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

it is for a toshiba 32inch fire tv on amazon
hope this helps


William Vandervest
timelord09@comcast.net
Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

u

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 13:12
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Fire TV Extinguished

It appears my three-year-old Amazon (Toshiba) Fire TV has, for lack of a
better phrase, lost its fire. It will no longer connect or even find a
local Wi-Fi network despite repeated reboots, resets and restarts. All
the inputs still work, but without VoiceView, its not possible for me as
a non-seeing person to get past the startup nonsense telling me about
what it can't do and on to the things it still can do, so I think,
unless someone comes up with a miracle cure, it's time for a
replacement. Amazon doesn't deal with this product any more, so I'm
obviously on the hunt for a suitable replacement. Is it possible to get
this device from another reseller? I called BestBuy and they avow no
knowledge of such. While it was working, the TV performed well and was
easy to set up and operate, so I'd get another one in a heartbeat if I
could. But if someone has a better recommendation, I'm not averse to
hearing that either.


Thanks in advance.


Oh, P.S., I sent essentially this same message to the accessible Amazon
products list and got no response whatsoever. Is this product gone from
the earth? Too bad if that's so.


Holly
 

Steve:

It seems strange that your Toshiba bit the dust after just three years. Make sure something didn't get turned off by mistake.


Steve Matzura
 

As I thought I explained previously, I can't. I have no sighted assistance here. There's no VoiceView. There's nothing to turn on or off. In other words, you can't just arbitrarily turn off the Wi-Fi, but if you connect an ethernet cable to the appropriate port, the TV will try to connect using that one first. I have not been able to try that yet, but there's nothing lugged into it now, so I should be able to at least find my own Wi-Fi, and if by some randomly weird chance I don't have any local Wi-Fi, I live in an apartment building with five hundred other tenants, so someone upstairs, downstairs, to the right, or to the left of me surely would, in which case I could at least have their network show up in the list of availables. All the TV does is continue to scan for Wi-Fi networks forever and ever.

On 7/22/2021 1:40 PM, Holly wrote:
Steve:

It seems strange that your Toshiba bit the dust after just three years. Make sure something didn't get turned off by mistake.


chris judge
 

I just checked amazon. In the Canadian store they have both the 50 inch and
the 32 inch Toshiba fire tv, so I'd be surprised if it's not available in
the American store.

Chris Judge

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: July 22, 2021 2:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fire TV Extinguished

Steve:

It seems strange that your Toshiba bit the dust after just three years.
Make sure something didn't get turned off by mistake.


Steve Matzura
 

Imagine my surprise when I clicked on the "Buy it again" button and was told the 43-inch model is unavailable. 32" is too small, 50" too big. It's 43 or bust, I'm afraid.

On 7/22/2021 3:29 PM, chris judge wrote:
I just checked amazon. In the Canadian store they have both the 50 inch and
the 32 inch Toshiba fire tv, so I'd be surprised if it's not available in
the American store.

Chris Judge


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: July 22, 2021 2:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fire TV Extinguished

Steve:

It seems strange that your Toshiba bit the dust after just three years.
Make sure something didn't get turned off by mistake.


Holly
 


Wendy Walker
 

Could you possibly use be my eyes or the free five minutes Ira promotion to check your settings?

Wendy

On Jul 22, 2021, at 2:42 PM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

Imagine my surprise when I clicked on the "Buy it again" button and was told the 43-inch model is unavailable. 32" is too small, 50" too big. It's 43 or bust, I'm afraid.


On 7/22/2021 3:29 PM, chris judge wrote:
I just checked amazon. In the Canadian store they have both the 50 inch and
the 32 inch Toshiba fire tv, so I'd be surprised if it's not available in
the American store.

Chris Judge


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: July 22, 2021 2:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fire TV Extinguished

Steve:

It seems strange that your Toshiba bit the dust after just three years.
Make sure something didn't get turned off by mistake.




Steve Matzura
 

Hey thanks! Think I'll pick one up while they're still available.

On 7/22/2021 3:49 PM, Holly wrote:
Steve:

It looks like Best Buy has the 43".  Here is the link.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-43-class-led-4k-uhd-smart-firetv/6394760.p?skuId=6394760


Steve Matzura
 

Been there, done that.

On 7/22/2021 11:59 PM, Wendy Walker wrote:
Could you possibly use be my eyes or the free five minutes Ira promotion to check your settings?

Wendy


On Jul 22, 2021, at 2:42 PM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

Imagine my surprise when I clicked on the "Buy it again" button and was told the 43-inch model is unavailable. 32" is too small, 50" too big. It's 43 or bust, I'm afraid.


On 7/22/2021 3:29 PM, chris judge wrote:
I just checked amazon. In the Canadian store they have both the 50 inch and
the 32 inch Toshiba fire tv, so I'd be surprised if it's not available in
the American store.

Chris Judge


-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: July 22, 2021 2:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fire TV Extinguished

Steve:

It seems strange that your Toshiba bit the dust after just three years.
Make sure something didn't get turned off by mistake.