Topics

Folders Don't show up Under Programs (x86) Folder

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

For the past few weeks, for some reason, folders do not show up under the c:\program files (x86) folder. I am not sure quite when this started. It may have been associated with one of the recent Windows 10 updates, but I'm not sure. I have also tried to play with the settings under view/options/folder options under This PC to no avail.

Has anyone seen this recently and if so, how can it be rectified? Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

64-bit software installs under C:\Program Files

32-bit software installs under C:\Program Files (x86)

and this has been the case for many, many years now.  Nothing has changed at all about that and I have done recent complete uninstalls and reinstalls of NVDA, which is 32-bit, and lands in the x86 folder when installed.

        ~ Madonna

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

The problem is solved.  I do not know how this happened or how it could happen. Somehow, some way, another Program files (x86) folder was created. This has to do most likely to a recent Windows update. In any case, what I was seeing was that non functional folder.  When I would use first letter folder navigation,I would land on that folder and see nothing inside.  As I browsed the list of folders under the root directory, I saw there was another folder with the exact same name: Program files (x86).  How this could occur, I have no idea, but when I guess Windows installations can violate their own rules somehow. It was exactly the  same with respect to spelling and capitalization. Go figure.

In any case, I deleted this non functional folder and the true remaining functional folder has all the files and folders as it should and they are visible.

On 11/10/2020 11:14 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
64-bit software installs under C:\Program Files

32-bit software installs under C:\Program Files (x86)

and this has been the case for many, many years now.  Nothing has changed at all about that and I have done recent complete uninstalls and reinstalls of NVDA, which is 32-bit, and lands in the x86 folder when installed.

        ~ Madonna

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Thank you for reporting back with your findings and solution.  It may not happen again for ages, but it's eventually going to happen to someone else.

        ~ Madonna