From: Beth [mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 5:11 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] For Those Interested

Dear list,
Have you wanted to join a blind people or disabled people's list that
didn't include political affiliation such as the NFB, ACB, or any big
time disability groups that may or may not promote access to one thing
or another, or if you like openness in a group, then the group I just
created is for you. I searched the Groups.io archives and could not find
a Blind Students or Careers group. I'd like to integrate both workers
and students in one group as the disabled are a small community, but our
group will discuss all kinds of access issues such as classwork and
homework, social and club attendance, dorm life, apartment living, etc.
We will also discuss what we can do as a community to improve access to
university materials, but there is one thing: no politics. We do not
affiliate or encourage affiliation with any particular disability
advocacy or consumer group. NABS is affiliated with the NFB, so we won't
mess with that. But my group list is free, open, and yes, the rules are
not tough and you will get to meet other people in a wider spectrum. You
may discuss any training centers, even the NFB ones. But we can also
discuss technology for students and workers as well. So if you are a
student or job seeker as I and my current boyfriend are, come on down.
As a real tech enthusiast, I would love to see how many of us are into
tech support.
Also, one more rule about the group: be yourselves. Talk about all the
intimate stuff in private of course, but we can discuss big time issues
that affect all university students or workers such as workplace
bullying. That settles it. Anyone who knows someone interested should
write me.
Also, if you have any idea where the home page is for the group, it's
under groups.io I shared it on FB and Twitter for those who have both.
Thanks.
Beth

--
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407

Carlos

Hi Christina,
You are certainly not breaking any rules. Just so you know, when messages are sent to the list you can see the originating address by opening the message and viewing the
"from"
field. Although the specifics will vary depending on the client you are running, usually you can just press Enter on the message while it is selected in the list and then Tab or Shift Tab to the
"from"
field. At that point, you should be able to copy the originating address to the clipboard so you can paste it into the
"to"
field and respond to the person directly.

I am interested and I am sorry if I am breaking any rules but I didn't and or couldn't figure out how else to get in touch with you to let you know that I would like to join your list. I mean I saw all the ways to get in touch with you but I don't use any of those ways.
Christina

[...]

Darn it. I'm so sorry. Let me see if I can point you to the Group page. I think it's under groups.io, and you can search blind students, you'll find it. I should get a note that you joined.

On 8/31/2015 3:36 AM, Christina Stolze wrote:
[...]

Christina Stolze

Carlos,
Thank you very much for that. I will try and do that. Have a great day.
[...]

The group URL should be something like
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/GroupName
As an example,
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/TechTalk
replacing TechTalk with the name of your group.

[...]

Thank you I found it.
Christina

[...]

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi,
Just discovered, click on find a group, then, click on newest.
PS. We have 89 members for this group, as far as I can tell.

[...]

Sent from a Braille Sense

Carlos

LOL not a bad start.

[...]

Hi, no. And I imagine there will be more, looking at the other list's popularity.

[...]

Oh, thanks. here is the home page then:
www.groups.io.org/groups/blindstudents let me know if you need a better link.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Beth" <thebluesisloose@gmail.com>

[...]

Actually I believe that should be
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/blindstudents

[...]

Dang it, my bad. I'm terrible with big old URL and drive path names. Sheesh!

On 8/31/2015 5:06 AM, Carlos wrote:
[...]

Hi Carlos,
Yes, your link worked, Beth's didn't.

From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 12:06 pm

[...]

Gene

I haven't done this to any extent for a long time, but it is my recollection that it isn't necessarily easy or convenient to get to the from line, depending on the e-mail program and how you are reading mail.  For example, it may be that when reading mail as html, you are restricted to what is in the virtual buffer.  It appears that in Windows Live mail, the to line isn't displayed at all.  If you shift tab, after many shift tabs, you get to a button with the name of the sender.
If you open the context menu and start down arrowing, you get to a menu option that allows you to begin a new message to the person.
I gave the property method because it applies to many programs but, of course, it probably doesn't apply to all and if people want to send other methods' that's fine.

Gene

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 5:20 AM

[...]

Copy them to the clipboard from the web page or the address bar or wherever they are being displayed.  Don't fool around typing them from memory.

gene

Dang it, my bad. I'm terrible with big old URL and drive path names. Sheesh!
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920

On 8/31/2015 5:06 AM, Carlos wrote:
> Actually I believe that should be
> https://groups.io/org/groupsio/blindstudents
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Beth" <thebluesisloose@...>

In Outlook Express and Windows Mail you can tab to the "from" field even when you are viewing messages as HTML.  It has been some time since I last used Thunderbird, but I believe getting to the "from" field is not difficult in that client either.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 5:20 AM

[...]

LOL that is interesting.  I thought I was unsubscribed from BlindTech, but apparently not.  I unintentionally sent my previous reply there instead.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 5:20 AM

[...]

I don't know if this has changed but my recollection is that if you are using window-eyes, you can't shift tab to the to line if you are reading mail as html.  Window-eyes users may want to see if that is the case.  it is in part because of that possibility that I gave the method I did.

Gene

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 5:20 AM