From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: November 27, 2022 12:36 AM
To: Tech Talk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] formatting external drive

I would like to format my 4TB Western Digital Passport drive to use it to back up my other drives. I'm using windows 11 with NVDA. Are there any special considerations I must observe; beyond possibly saving the WD installation software on there?

Thanks.

Howard

--
Beware! I'm armed and have suffered from PMS all my life.

Howard Traxler

I have two of these 4 TB western digital drives.  They become really cluttered with stuff.  Such a pain to go through and delete everything; just easier to say format.  I did it anyway and now have most of my important files backed up.  I am rather impatient about such things; it was taking so long to do a full format that I killed it and started over with a quick format.  Seems all right now.

Howard

On 11/27/2022 9:24 AM, Monte Single wrote:
Your western digital drive will arrive already formatted for windows.

I would like to format my 4TB Western Digital Passport drive to use it to back up my other drives. I'm using windows 11 with NVDA. Are there any special considerations I must observe; beyond possibly saving the WD installation software on there?

Thanks.

Howard

--
Beware! I'm armed and have suffered from PMS all my life.

--
A yawn is a silent shout.