From: Janet
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 7:59 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io'
Subject: [TechTalk] Forwarding an email message using Outlook 10 Help Please.

Hi Everyone,
For quite some time whenever I attempt to forward an email, JAWS 2020 completely stops talking for several minutes Then, I get a message saying US English spell check has stopped working. I then get a message saying do I want to close the program, or repair, or cancel. Can anyone give me any advice how to correct this issue? I've looked around in the tools by using alt plus f for tools, arrow up two times to the options, and looked through that, but I still can't find any setting that might help this, and I also went through the mail option, and all I see for the spell check is use spell check when sending a new message, although, I did see it is checked to when forwarding a message include original message when forwarding. I can't seem to find anywhere to stop the spell check when forwarding an email message, in which I think that is the problem.
I'm using Windows 7.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Terrilynne Pomeroy

I might try repair. I have called the Microsoft accessibility people, and
they have run repair on my Outlook and it did fix the problem.

TerriLynne

[...]

Gene

As was suggested, you can try repair. I suspect that if you turn off the setting for a new message that it will stop automatic running everywhere. If you either want to try this first or after a repair, if it is needed, it may solve your problem. A forwarded message is a new message, you are forwarding a message but you are sending a new message that includes the forwarded one. Whether the program sees things that way, I don't know.

Gebne

[...]

HI TerriLynne,

Thank you for this, but now I don't even get the repair option, but I did turn off the spell check completely, and so far it looks like I can forward a message now finally. I don't know why I didn't even think of that myself! LOL!
Janet

[...]

Hi Gene,
Ok, I did turn it off, and so far, it works like a charm! I can now forward a message again!

Thank you.

Janet

Turn off automatic spellchecdking before sending.