From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 10:16 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] free tutorials for learning Win10?

Morning all,

I will be starting with a new student in July. She is wanted to learn
win10. Unfortunately, she doesn't have lots of funds, so I am looking
for free tutorials to use as text books. Any info would be appreciated.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

heather albright

Can someone share the windows10 jaws files or can you subscribe to the windows10 jaws list and download the files off the one drive page? Or NVP has a windows10 book? I think it is 15 dollars, i think i have not looked at it for a while!
Does anyone have any other resources?
cheers Heather

What screen-reader is being used? It isn't free, but the NVDA training materials you purchase from NVDA developers may teach at least something of Windows 10. Also, have you checked to see what Hadley School offers?

I will be starting with a new student in July. She is wanted to learn
win10. Unfortunately, she doesn't have lots of funds, so I am looking
for free tutorials to use as text books. Any info would be appreciated.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

heather albright

I found this link by the AFB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKtAyaZhUhw ANd for office 2016
American foundation of the blind
If you put jaws, nvda, narrator, accessibility and than put
free tutorials for learning Win10 in youtube, videos do come up!

You can even include just the windows10 start menu in the mix, videos will come up. If you have a youtube to mp3 comverter, you can organize them for the needs of that student.

I think CathyAnne Murtha is still teaching a free windows 10 course or if not, I do not think it cost that much; she uses the zoom platform!

Cheers Heather