full size keyboard

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

I’m looking online as I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m looking at refurbished laptops. My question is and thus far I have read 10 descriptions for different laptops. Here’s my question.

How will I know if it has a full size keyboard? I use to think if it’s a 15 inch model that will have a full size keyboard and anything below, will not.

I don’t have enough sight to look at the photo to verify if it has a full size keyboard.

Marda

Well my desktop keyboard has 101 keys on it but that includes two windows keys, two alt keys, two control keys, two shift keys, a print screen key and a couple of other keys I don't use plus a six pack with insert, delete, home, end, page up and page down and a full number pad.  For a laptop you wouldn't get the duplicate keys but I would make sure it had at least the number pad and an alt, control, shift, windows, application, home, insert, delete, end, page up and page down keys in addition to a caps lock key and the usual qwerty keyboard.  I haven't used a laptop in a long time but I remember the old one I had not having all these features and it was harder to use.  If you don't use jaws though and don't enter a lot of numbers you might not find the number pad as useful so that all may not matter to you.  If you're not sure whether the laptops you're interested in have the keys you want why not contact the seller and ask what keys it has?

Marda

On 11/7/2021 2:16 PM, Kimsan via groups.io wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking online as I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m looking at refurbished laptops. My question is and thus far I have read 10 descriptions for different laptops. Here’s my question.

How will I know if it has a full size keyboard? I use to think if it’s a 15 inch model that will have a full size keyboard and anything below, will not.

I don’t have enough sight to look at the photo to verify if it has a full size keyboard.

Alex Stone

I’m quite prepared to be wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a laptop with a keyboard like that.

On 7 Nov 2021, at 20:16, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking online as I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m looking at refurbished laptops. My question is and thus far I have read 10 descriptions for different laptops. Here’s my question.

How will I know if it has a full size keyboard? I use to think if it’s a 15 inch model that will have a full size keyboard and anything below, will not.

I don’t have enough sight to look at the photo to verify if it has a full size keyboard.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Unless the incorrect terminology was used, a laptop keyboard that includes a numpad.

I’m using a laptop with one right now.

I’m quite prepared to be wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a laptop with a keyboard like that.

On 7 Nov 2021, at 20:16, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking online as I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m looking at refurbished laptops. My question is and thus far I have read 10 descriptions for different laptops. Here’s my question.

How will I know if it has a full size keyboard? I use to think if it’s a 15 inch model that will have a full size keyboard and anything below, will not.

I don’t have enough sight to look at the photo to verify if it has a full size keyboard.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I’m looking on amazon. I suppose I can contact the manufacturer.

[...]

Probably not.  I have been thinking about a laptop and know if I get one I won't get 101 keys.  But I know they do have them with number pads and the common word processing keys.

Marda

On 11/7/2021 3:37 PM, Alex Stone wrote:
I’m quite prepared to be wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a laptop with a keyboard like that.

On 7 Nov 2021, at 20:16, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking online as I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m looking at refurbished laptops. My question is and thus far I have read 10 descriptions for different laptops. Here’s my question.

How will I know if it has a full size keyboard? I use to think if it’s a 15 inch model that will have a full size keyboard and anything below, will not.

I don’t have enough sight to look at the photo to verify if it has a full size keyboard.

Monte Single

If the laptop has  a numpad, that is considered full size.

I’m quite prepared to be wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a laptop with a keyboard like that.

On 7 Nov 2021, at 20:16, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking online as I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m looking at refurbished laptops. My question is and thus far I have read 10 descriptions for different laptops. Here’s my question.

How will I know if it has a full size keyboard? I use to think if it’s a 15 inch model that will have a full size keyboard and anything below, will not.

I don’t have enough sight to look at the photo to verify if it has a full size keyboard.

Monte Single

Hi,

When I was buying a new pc a wile ago,  talking to the manufacturer    was easier said than done.  Sometimes the menus on the phone were mixed up, hold times were long and straight information was often hard to get.

If you see a  laptop you are interested in,  make a note of the brand/model and call the amazon help line.

[...]

chris judge

I think he was referring to a laptop keyboard with 2 windows keys. I’ve never seen one either.

Chris Judge

Unless the incorrect terminology was used, a laptop keyboard that includes a numpad.

I’m using a laptop with one right now.

I’m quite prepared to be wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a laptop with a keyboard like that.

On 7 Nov 2021, at 20:16, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking online as I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m looking at refurbished laptops. My question is and thus far I have read 10 descriptions for different laptops. Here’s my question.

How will I know if it has a full size keyboard? I use to think if it’s a 15 inch model that will have a full size keyboard and anything below, will not.

I don’t have enough sight to look at the photo to verify if it has a full size keyboard.

Gene

It would be more conbenient to have two Windows keys and, since I don’t use Windows     10, there may  be lots of Windows commands I don’t use.  But for the very few I do, I can reasonably easily press the left Windows key with a right finger.  The most convenient for me is the second finger and then press the other key with my left hand if the other key is on the left part of the keyboard.  That’s how I issue the Windows key r command.

Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 3:43 AM

I think he was referring to a laptop keyboard with 2 windows keys. I’ve never seen one either.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

Unless the incorrect terminology was used, a laptop keyboard that includes a numpad.

I’m using a laptop with one right now.

I’m quite prepared to be wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a laptop with a keyboard like that.

On 7 Nov 2021, at 20:16, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking online as I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m looking at refurbished laptops. My question is and thus far I have read 10 descriptions for different laptops. Here’s my question.

How will I know if it has a full size keyboard? I use to think if it’s a 15 inch model that will have a full size keyboard and anything below, will not.

I don’t have enough sight to look at the photo to verify if it has a full size keyboard.

Pamela Dominguez

And there should be a numlock, also, otherwise, if you use a screenreader, you will be up the creek if you can’t turn the numbers off.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2021 5:14 PM