Topics

G mail on the iPhone?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi List, I am using iOS 12 point, whatever on my iPhone 8. 

For years I have been able to have my G-mail be accessible from either my Windows desk top or my iPhone.  However, as about 2 weeks ago, my phone said I no longer had email set up on my phone.  I do not know of anything that would have caused a change.

I created a new account and now the interface is completely different from the way it was before.

The old system had 5 buttons running along the bottom of the screen.  The buttons I remember were: Move, Delete and Forward.  At the moment, I do not remember what the other 2 buttons were.

Do any of you know what I can do to get back my old interface?  Additionally, do you know what I might have done that caused the old one to disappear, so I can make sure not to do it again?

Thank you very much for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky Vaughan

Virus-free. www.avg.com

I know I was having trouble with my personal Gmail as well. So I ended up putting it under outlook. It is an app that you can download for your iPhone. If you have any other questions feel free to give me a call at 219-595-2123.

Ashley Breger

On Nov 29, 2018, at 2:37 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

For years I have been able to have my G-mail be accessible from either my Windows desk top or my iPhone.  However, as about 2 weeks ago, my phone said I no longer had email set up on my phone.  I do not know of anything that would have caused a change.

I created a new account and now the interface is completely different from the way it was before.

The old system had 5 buttons running along the bottom of the screen.  The buttons I remember were: Move, Delete and Forward.  At the moment, I do not remember what the other 2 buttons were.

Do any of you know what I can do to get back my old interface?  Additionally, do you know what I might have done that caused the old one to disappear, so I can make sure not to do it again?

Sincerely, Vicky Vaughan

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Ashley, Does this mean that you can only access your email on your iPhone?  Somehow, when I had it set up with my Gmail account, I could access my email from both my iPhone and from my computer.  Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashley Breger via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] G mail on the iPhone?

I know I was having trouble with my personal Gmail as well. So I ended up putting it under outlook. It is an app that you can download for your iPhone. If you have any other questions feel free to give me a call at 219-595-2123.

Ashley Breger

Sincerely, Vicky Vaughan

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No you can still access it from your computer. I just find that if you have multiple gmail addresses under here mail account it only play nice with one Gmail account.

Ashley Breger

On Nov 30, 2018, at 4:46 AM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi Ashley, Does this mean that you can only access your email on your iPhone?  Somehow, when I had it set up with my Gmail account, I could access my email from both my iPhone and from my computer.  Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashley Breger via Groups.Io

Ashley Breger

Sincerely, Vicky Vaughan

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Vicky Vaughan

Hi and thank you.  I was able to sort out my Gmail from my iCloud mail and things got back to normal.

Sincerely, Vicky

Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 6:14 AM

No you can still access it from your computer. I just find that if you have multiple gmail addresses under here mail account it only play nice with one Gmail account.

Ashley Breger

On Nov 30, 2018, at 4:46 AM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Sincerely, Vicky

Ashley Breger

Sincerely, Vicky Vaughan

Virus-free. www.avg.com