From: Sharon Hooley
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 12:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Getting rid of blocked callers

Hi,

Is it possible to delete blocked callers, or do they go away after a certain amount of time?

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Sharon Hooley

What i mean is, do the blocked callers remain available to be unblocked, and accumulate into a list in storage, or does the opportunity go away after a certain amount of time and is forgotten?

On 8/5/2020 12:50 PM, Gene wrote:

Do you mean can you unblock them or are they automatically unblocked?  You can undelete them yourself but I see no reason a phone would automatically unblock a caller after a certain time.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Sharon Hooley
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 12:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi,

Is it possible to delete blocked callers, or do they go away after a certain amount of time?

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Gene

I can look at callers in my contacts and using a menu like a context menu in Windows, see an unblock option. If you are asking something different such as if there is a llist of blocked callers, I don't know. I don't have a smart phone; I have a feature phone and there is no such list on it.

Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 12:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi,

Is it possible to delete blocked callers, or do they go away after a certain amount of time?

www.CochlearAmericas.com

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

No the black color stay there for as long as you want them to stay there they only disappear off the list if you unblock them.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@...

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 12:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi,

Is it possible to delete blocked callers, or do they go away after a certain amount of time?

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Shelly Kane

Sharon:

I know that I'm late to this discussion but haven't been on the computer yet today.  In answer to your question about blocked callers, to my knowledge, when you block someone, they will remain blocked until you unblock them.  You can go into phone and I don't know the full process of doing this but you can see all of the people you have blocked when you click block calls and you can either leave them there or delete them.  When you delete them, you can get text and calls from them again.  Even when you do this, I doubt you would hear from them because depending on how long they have been blocked, they have probably given up trying to reach you.  I have a list of blocked calls and I haven't deleted any. There is no need to.  There is also no time limit of how long they will stay blocked.  They will not unblock themselves.  You will have to do that if you so wish.  I hope I have helped with this. Sorry, I am not tech savvy so I don't know all of the menus and detailed instructions because I don't do it that much.  I just know it's there.

Shelly

Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 12:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi,

Is it possible to delete blocked callers, or do they go away after a certain amount of time?

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

.

Shelly Kane

Sharon:

I thought about this more and another idea came to mind.  When you are saying getting rid of blocked callers, do you mean people that are calling with no number and it's coming up blocked or no caller ID?  If that's the case, there is nothing you can do.

Shelly

Sharon Hooley

Most, if not all, of the callers I've gotten have numbers, so I'm able to block them.

On 8/7/2020 2:52 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Sharon:

I thought about this more and another idea came to mind.  When you are saying getting rid of blocked callers, do you mean people that are calling with no number and it's coming up blocked or no caller ID?  If that's the case, there is nothing you can do.

Shelly

Carolyn Arnold

On the iPhone, there is an option, I think, right after you flick to Block this Caller, and you double tap on Unblock. I see no reason to fool with it, since I have not blocked individuals. Thank heavens that at this point in my life, I don't have that much tension between myself and any individual to bother with blocking.

Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 12:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi,

Is it possible to delete blocked callers, or do they go away after a
certain amount of time?

www.CochlearAmericas.com

.

Carolyn Arnold

Wouldn't it be nice, if we could put a block on any unidentifiable caller?