gmail hangouts?

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I used to land in my gmail inbox when I went to gmail.com but the past few times I land in something called hangouts. Since all I ever go to the site for is to mark messages as spam what can I do to get rid of this hangouts page and start getting the page I was getting before?

Thanks.

Troy

Hello,
Personally I have my Gmail app under my iPhone mail app as it is easier to navigate and mark items as spam. Doing this should prevent your webpage from defaulting to hangouts. Maybe someone else on here has an idea of how to get rid of the hangouts page.

Ashley

On Sep 27, 2021, at 3:11 PM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I used to land in my gmail inbox when I went to gmail.com but the past few times I land in something called hangouts. Since all I ever go to the site for is to mark messages as spam what can I do to get rid of this hangouts page and start getting the page I was getting before?

Thanks.

Troy

John Holcomb II

Might using the standard HTML view help?
I'm not sure how to turn that on and off as this is not how I do things but it’s a thought anyway.
John

I used to land in my gmail inbox when I went to gmail.com but the past few times I land in something called hangouts. Since all I ever go to the site for is to mark messages as spam what can I do to get rid of this hangouts page and start getting the page I was getting before?

Thanks.

Troy

Are you using Gmail on a laptop or on an iPhone? If you are using it on an iPhone I would be happy to provide instructions on how to link your Gmail account under the mail app or I could guide you over the phone.

Ashley

On Sep 27, 2021, at 3:52 PM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@gmail.com> wrote:

Might using the standard HTML view help?
I'm not sure how to turn that on and off as this is not how I do things but it’s a thought anyway.
John

I used to land in my gmail inbox when I went to gmail.com but the past few times I land in something called hangouts. Since all I ever go to the site for is to mark messages as spam what can I do to get rid of this hangouts page and start getting the page I was getting before?

Thanks.

Troy

Gene

I don’t have that problem.  Until you find a solution, have you searched from the top of the page with your screen-reader’s search for inbox?  Once there, if you press enter on the word, are you placed in it?

> Hi all,
>

> I used to land in my gmail inbox when I went to gmail.com but the past few times I land in something called hangouts. Since all I ever go to the site for is to mark messages as spam what can I do to get rid of this hangouts page and start getting the page I was getting before?
>

> Thanks.
>

> Troy

Troy Burnham

I'm not sure what view I'm in, all I know is that there's an html button near the top of the page that I don't think was there before. I'm not sure though.

Troy

On 9/27/2021 3:52 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:
Might using the standard HTML view help?
I'm not sure how to turn that on and off as this is not how I do things but it’s a thought anyway.
John

I used to land in my gmail inbox when I went to gmail.com but the past few times I land in something called hangouts. Since all I ever go to the site for is to mark messages as spam what can I do to get rid of this hangouts page and start getting the page I was getting before?

Thanks.

Troy

John Holcomb II

Sounds like you're in standard view and not the basic HTML view.
That could help you if you switch from standard to basic.
John

I used to land in my gmail inbox when I went to gmail.com but the past few times I land in something called hangouts. Since all I ever go to the site for is to mark messages as spam what can I do to get rid of this hangouts page and start getting the page I was getting before?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

I'm using it on a laptop in this case. I have it in the native mail app on my phone as well but I rarely check my mail there.

Troy

On 9/27/2021 3:55 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
[...]

If you did use basic HTML before, you won’t see any references to hangouts in that view.  However, you may have to switch to basic HTML every time you open GMail.  there is a link when you are in basic HTML view about making it the default.  I’ve tried following the link and every time I open GMail, I am still in the standard view and have to manually switch to basic HTML.  I suspect your view changed without you changing it.  I believe that happened to me at some point and, as I said, if I want to use basic HTML, I have to press the button every time I open GMail.

Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 7:40 PM

Sounds like you're in standard view and not the basic HTML view.
That could help you if you switch from standard to basic.
John

I'm not sure what view I'm in, all I know is that there's an html button near the top of the page that I don't think was there before. I'm not sure though.

Troy

On 9/27/2021 3:52 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:
> Might using the standard HTML view help?
> I'm not sure how to turn that on and off as this is not how I do things but it’s a thought anyway.
> John

Troy Burnham

Thanks John, I just changed the view and the page is back to the way it was before. I wonder how the view got changed in the first place though, I certainly didn't do it, not knowingly anyway.

Troy

On 9/27/2021 7:40 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:
Sounds like you're in standard view and not the basic HTML view.
That could help you if you switch from standard to basic.
John

I used to land in my gmail inbox when I went to gmail.com but the past few times I land in something called hangouts. Since all I ever go to the site for is to mark messages as spam what can I do to get rid of this hangouts page and start getting the page I was getting before?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Thanks Gene, as I said before I only go in once in a while to mark something as spam so if I have to change the view at least it won't be every day.

Troy

Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 7:40 PM