gmail messages sent to list not seen by sender?

adam morris

Hi all,
I know of people who have gmail accounts and when they send a message to an email list whether it be groups.io, freelists or other addresses they don't see their message but all other members do.
Is there a setting in gmail that can be changed so people see their own message after sending to a list?

--

Adam Morris

Email, iMessage & FaceTime
adam@...

Gene Warner <genewarner3@...>

I had to do jjust the opposite, I was seeing my own messages which I didn't want. My first remedy was to create a filter in GMail to delete these messages. But then later I found that there is a setting for this in my groups.io profile or account settings.

Gene...

On 9/24/2022 5:30 AM, adam morris wrote:
Hi all,
I know of people who have gmail accounts and when they send a message to an email list whether it be groups.io, freelists or other addresses they don't see their message but all other members do.
Is there a setting in gmail that can be changed so people see their own message after sending to a list?
--
Adam Morris
Email, iMessage & FaceTime
adam@...

Gene

If you use Groups.io, it has a default setting that compensates for the problem and causes you to receive your messages from the list.  If you use other lists, those lists don't do so.

I know there is supposed to be a setting that is a work around for the problem but I tried it and I consider it a delusion.  Yes, you do get a message but as far as I can see, it isn't actually from the list itself so as far as I can tell, it doesn't tell you whether your message reached the list.

Usually, if your message appears in sent mail, it has been successfully sent and it usually reaches the list.

Gene

On 9/24/2022 4:30 AM, adam morris wrote:

Hi all,
I know of people who have gmail accounts and when they send a message to an email list whether it be groups.io, freelists or other addresses they don't see their message but all other members do.
Is there a setting in gmail that can be changed so people see their own message after sending to a list?

--

Adam Morris

Email, iMessage & FaceTime
adam@...

Abbie Taylor

Thank you, Gene Warner, for information about setting the preference in groups.io to receive copies of my own messages I sent to this and other groups on this platform. Now, if only I could receive copies of messages I send to other lists on other platforms.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...