gmail on the web

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

Not sure if the way emails are laid out on gmail.com if that’s conversation view which it appears to look like.

If it is how do I just put it in single view and not conversation view?

Just throwing random fake names out there, let’s say I’m on gmail.com, in the inbox, it says the following, message from me, bob and tom.

I have to click the link, and read the emails from me, bob and tom.

Is it possible to just open up one email at a time?

It confuses me for some reason.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Gene

There is a setting in GMail, you must be in the standard view, not in basic HTML, to get to it, for not reading messages by conversation.

Activate the settings button and find the check box that says conversation view. Uncheck it.

Then find the save the settings button and activate it.

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 11:12 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] gmail on the web

Hi,

Not sure if the way emails are laid out on gmail.com if that’s conversation view which it appears to look like.

If it is how do I just put it in single view and not conversation view?

Just throwing random fake names out there, let’s say I’m on gmail.com, in the inbox, it says the following, message from me, bob and tom.

I have to click the link, and read the emails from me, bob and tom.

Is it possible to just open up one email at a time?

It confuses me for some reason.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Nope, I’m in basic html view.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 11:12 AM

Hi,

Not sure if the way emails are laid out on gmail.com if that’s conversation view which it appears to look like.

If it is how do I just put it in single view and not conversation view?

Just throwing random fake names out there, let’s say I’m on gmail.com, in the inbox, it says the following, message from me, bob and tom.

I have to click the link, and read the emails from me, bob and tom.

Is it possible to just open up one email at a time?

It confuses me for some reason.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Gene

You must change to the standard view to change the setting.  Then you can go back to basic html view and the messages won’t be grouped by conversation in either view.

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 1:16 PM

Nope, I’m in basic html view.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 11:12 AM

Hi,

Not sure if the way emails are laid out on gmail.com if that’s conversation view which it appears to look like.

If it is how do I just put it in single view and not conversation view?

Just throwing random fake names out there, let’s say I’m on gmail.com, in the inbox, it says the following, message from me, bob and tom.

I have to click the link, and read the emails from me, bob and tom.

Is it possible to just open up one email at a time?

It confuses me for some reason.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Oh, ok.

Thanks.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 1:16 PM

Nope, I’m in basic html view.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 11:12 AM

Hi,

Not sure if the way emails are laid out on gmail.com if that’s conversation view which it appears to look like.

If it is how do I just put it in single view and not conversation view?

Just throwing random fake names out there, let’s say I’m on gmail.com, in the inbox, it says the following, message from me, bob and tom.

I have to click the link, and read the emails from me, bob and tom.

Is it possible to just open up one email at a time?

It confuses me for some reason.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Pamela Dominguez

Also, how do I keep the messages from opening right up without my clicking the link?  I want to have to open them or not, but I don’t want them in conversation, either.  Pam.

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 12:12 PM

Hi,

Not sure if the way emails are laid out on gmail.com if that’s conversation view which it appears to look like.

If it is how do I just put it in single view and not conversation view?

Just throwing random fake names out there, let’s say I’m on gmail.com, in the inbox, it says the following, message from me, bob and tom.

I have to click the link, and read the emails from me, bob and tom.

Is it possible to just open up one email at a time?

It confuses me for some reason.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Gene

I’m not sure what you are asking.  I can’t test this setting because there is some sort of technical problem with my GMail service.  It works properly with an e-mail program but not online.  If you change to not using conversation, every message will be shown individually as they are in whatever e-mail program you are using.  You would follow a link to whatever message you want to open.  Nothing will open by itself, just by you moving to a message.

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 12:12 PM

Hi,

Not sure if the way emails are laid out on gmail.com if that’s conversation view which it appears to look like.

If it is how do I just put it in single view and not conversation view?

Just throwing random fake names out there, let’s say I’m on gmail.com, in the inbox, it says the following, message from me, bob and tom.

I have to click the link, and read the emails from me, bob and tom.

Is it possible to just open up one email at a time?

It confuses me for some reason.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Pamela Dominguez

Okay, because they are in conversation, and I am in the gmail account, messages just appear open.  I didn’t know that just changing it from conversation would achieve both things.  Pam.

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 12:12 PM

Hi,

Not sure if the way emails are laid out on gmail.com if that’s conversation view which it appears to look like.

If it is how do I just put it in single view and not conversation view?

Just throwing random fake names out there, let’s say I’m on gmail.com, in the inbox, it says the following, message from me, bob and tom.

I have to click the link, and read the emails from me, bob and tom.

Is it possible to just open up one email at a time?

It confuses me for some reason.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Gene

I don’t use the online interface much except to tell GMail that something isn’t spam, but as I recall each message shows a brief excerpt of the message.  I definitely know that no message is ever opened until you open it.

I haven’t solved my GMail online problem but I was able to change the conversation setting.  When it is off, as I expected, every message has its own link.  Of course, you will see quoted text in opened messages but they are no longer grouped by conversation.

Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2021 2:38 PM