got a gmail message with a picture of a tracking number

David Mehler

Hello,

The subject says it. I've been sent a message via gmail that has a
tracking number in an image that I have to read. I can only assume
it's an image since I'm not getting a textual representation of the
number, a link with the number already embedded in it, or anything
saying image. All I am seeing is something that says

your tracking number is

my question is how do I get this tracking number since this was sent
via an automated system?

Thanks.
Dave.

Loy

try Picture smart in JAWS.
If you have a smart phone you can try using seeing AI app. or Be my eyes app. JAWS has a OCR, but not sure if you can use it on an image.

The subject says it. I've been sent a message via gmail that has a
tracking number in an image that I have to read. I can only assume
it's an image since I'm not getting a textual representation of the
number, a link with the number already embedded in it, or anything
saying image. All I am seeing is something that says

your tracking number is

my question is how do I get this tracking number since this was sent
via an automated system?

Thanks.
Dave.

Carolyn Arnold

David, could you copy the message en bloc and then paste it into Notepad?

The subject says it. I've been sent a message via gmail that has a tracking number in an image that I have to read. I can only assume it's an image since I'm not getting a textual representation of the number, a link with the number already embedded in it, or anything saying image. All I am seeing is something that says

your tracking number is

my question is how do I get this tracking number since this was sent via an automated system?

Thanks.
Dave.

Gene

I don’t recall seeing any answer to this question.  I’m not sure which screen-reader you are uswing but you could use OCR available with NVDA or JAWS to see if the number can be properly recognized.  NVDA uses the OCR included in Windows 10 and JAWS uses Openbook OCR.

Be aware, however, that since OCR makes errors, the number may not be correct.