Groups ownership

Walter Ramage

Hi to all .  Can somebody explain to me how it works.  Michael Capelle handed over ownership and responsibility to two individuals.  I assume then that they were the owners.  How is it that he could just take ownership back.  If the two who were involved changed passwords (and I don't know if they did that) how could mike then take back ownership?  It is kinda like me handing over my Send Space account to somebody else and if they change the password etc then how could I take it back.  I know there must be a straightforward answer but the whole thing sounds a bit bizarre to me.  I'm merely curious as I've never owned a list before and don't know how it works.  Walter.

Avast logo

adam morris

Hi Walter,

I stand to be corrected on this.

Michael was and is the owner.
He handed over moderation to two individuals.
An owner of an email list can appoint moderators to help them run the list.
Once he saw what was happening with the moderators he took back full responsibility.
He may appoint moderators in the future or may just go solo as he has done.

On 31-August-2015 17:46, Walter Ramage wrote:

Hi to all . Can somebody explain to me how it works. Michael Capelle handed over ownership and responsibility to two individuals. I assume then that they were the owners. How is it that he could just take ownership back. If the two who were involved changed passwords (and I don't know if they did that) how could mike then take back ownership? It is kinda like me handing over my Send Space account to somebody else and if they change the password etc then how could I take it back. I know there must be a straightforward answer but the whole thing sounds a bit bizarre to me. I'm merely curious as I've never owned a list before and don't know how it works. Walter.

Avast logo <http://www.avast.com/>

Carlos

Hi Walter,
My guess is that there are two possibilities.  Either Michael retained actual control of the list the whole time or they were nice enough to give it back.

From: adam morris <lists@damorris.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 8:50 am

[...]

Sent from a Braille Sense

Lynn White

It works something like this.  They pass on the credentials to him as an owner and either he or they change their status back to regular membership status or mods.

It may even be that, technically, he was still owner until the final decision was to be made.

On 8/31/2015 2:46 AM, Walter Ramage wrote:

Hi to all .  Can somebody explain to me how it works.  Michael Capelle handed over ownership and responsibility to two individuals.  I assume then that they were the owners.  How is it that he could just take ownership back.  If the two who were involved changed passwords (and I don't know if they did that) how could mike then take back ownership?  It is kinda like me handing over my Send Space account to somebody else and if they change the password etc then how could I take it back.  I know there must be a straightforward answer but the whole thing sounds a bit bizarre to me.  I'm merely curious as I've never owned a list before and don't know how it works.  Walter.

Avast logo

He specifically said thatthey were the coowners when he gave up ownership.  He express,ed a number of times after he did so, the desire that he might be the owner again and expressed regret that he had given up the list.  They must have allowed him to take the list back.

Gene